She stops suddenly. Hoseok stops abruptly behind her. He looks up, sees the King talking to someone, also sees the general right behind him. Adora clears her throat. The three men turn to her, then notice Hoseok right behind her, who just awkwardly waves.

The king and him hadn't really interacted much since their date. The man's presence was calming yes, but he talked a lot and personally Hoseok's brain couldn't keep up with a few of the things he talked about. 

Perhaps, he sensed it too? The only thing they really managed to hit it off with was talking about their favorite western rappers. Oh and some comments here and there about Seokjin. But Hoseok didn't feel a click between them.

Even if he did, he couldn't do that to Seokjin.

"This lift will take you up to the stage," the guy next to the king starts to explain, Hoseok never realizing when exactly Adora had left. "Unlike for the others, there will be a second lift on stage, you get on that, music will start and it'll take you up."

Hoseok nods, feeling a bit nervous. Personally, he was afraid of heights, but a performance was a performance. He watches the lift come down, stopping right at his waist. He throws a leg up, ready to push himself up but realizes the darn thing is too high for him to give himself a little push upward.

Someone clears their throat next to him. He turns his head. General Min has his head turned in the other direction but has his hand extended out to Hoseok. The latter raises a brow in question but takes his hand anyway and uses it as leverage to give himself a good push upward, finally getting on the lift. 

"Thanks," he says awkwardly to the general who just nods when watches the lift go up.

"What was that about?" Namjoon asks behind him.

Yoongi doesn't comment. Just...shrugs.

"Are you actually being nice to someone, Hyung? Because that's pretty rare to see."

"I'm nice," Yoongi counters, making Namjoon snort.

"Yeah, I know," he says, giving him a look, "but you're not nice to just anyone. And I don't think you know Jung Hoseok well enough for him to be on your friends list."

Once again, the general makes no comment. Namjoon takes this as a sign that he's right. "Min," he asks casually, "have you ever dated?"

"I have," Yoongi answers. "Dated a girl back in middle school."

"Oh? How'd that turn out?"

"I'd rather not talk about it."

"Right," Namjoon adds, nodding with a smug grin, "That's the one you wrote the letter for right? The one you sent to that one radio station? I remember you staying up late writing it."

Yoongi rolls his eyes. "Shouldn't you be running to your man right now?"

The smile fades from Namjoon's face. "I don't know..."

"Go," Yoongi urges, "Its obvious you want to. Besides, you promised the kid you would as soon as you handled things here. Things are handled, so go."

Namjoon debates it a bit longer, but he does go. Yoongi keeps his eyes on him still he can no longer see him. Once he's gone, he sighs.

Everything was a fucking mess. 

Yoongi knew a lot of things. Benefits of having his post as general. Knowing what he knew, he felt uneasy. 

He hadn't forgotten the attacks they've received since the competition started. The bombing from one of his ex soldiers, the assault from an ex general. He couldn't help but feel that those people weren't done yet.