Chapter 11: Katherine

"To tell you the truth, I wasn't expecting you to see me, uncle," Apollo said, taking a seat in a worn out leather chair. Hades sat opposite of his nephew, his body tense.

Apollo's home was very modern with windows instead of walls, modern decor, and open spacing. It looked like a condo you would see on a beach in California, not on the mountain side in Olympus. It was supposed to feel welcoming, but to Hades, he felt suffocated.

Hades plan was to find any digital devices Apollo might of used during the ball to see if he had anything with Katherine in it. He was incredible with technology, even if he was old fashioned.

In his cloak was his helmet of darkness. The helmet gave Jim the ability to travel into the show realm. The shadow realm was very similar to the real world, but time is different. Two hours in the shadow realm equaled one second in the real world. And objects could transfer between the realms, meaning that if you took an object in the shadows, it was gone in the other realm.

All Hades had to do was have Apollo go to another room, entering show realm, and collect the evidence. He had a flash drive to use on the devices to get the pictures. Apollo would notice something missing; it was better to leave things ad they were after getting what you need.

"So, tell me the reason behind this lovely visit."

"Do you remember a human girl under my care, Katherine Bakers?"

"The human you took under. Yes, I remember her. Beautiful little creature." Hades saw lust flash in Apollo's eyes. He tried to relax his tense body.

"Someone has hurt her. She won't tell anyone. Her sister is convinced it was one of the people she talked to at the ball."

"How do you know I was one of them?"

"It's my kingdom; I know everything. Now, do you have any ideas as to what could've possibly happen?"

Apollo shook his head. "No. I was with her. She asked me to take her to her room, and I stayed to make sure no one bothered her."

"Did anyone seem to take a liking to her at the ball? You seemed to be with her the longest."

Apollo raised his brow. "What are you accusing? That I did something to your human?"

Hades growled. "She isn't 'my human.'"

"Tell me, uncle: why are you do interested with her? Do you tend to replace Persephone's empty spot next to you with her?"

Hades fisted his hands, his nails digging into his palm. He had to keep his cool. He knew Apollo was trying to provoke him with Persephone, he knew what will happen to Hades if he doesn't find a queen. Everyone knew.

Hades knew Katherine wasn't ready. She had potential, but she wasn't ready. Hades couldn't even describe his feelings for her. They were so foreign to him, he forgot what it was like to feel.

With Katherine, he felt somewhat free. It made him happy to see her smile. He didn't want her miserable. He cared for her, even if he hid it. Could Zeus be right after all? Was Katherine the one?

"Persephone is in no context of this conversation."

Apollo chuckled. "Alright, alright. I didn't see any suspicious behavior from the guests. But you know I wasn't the only to see her."

But you were the one that had an extreme interest in her.

"I'm getting a drink. Want one?"

"Surprise me."

Apollo stood up and walked into the kitchen.

This was this it, his moment.