Chapter 3: God Of The Underworld

The god sat on his towering throne, sending the souls of the dead into their proper resting places. Most were children and women who had died under brutal deaths, and with the flick of his wrist, their souls were sent to Elysium.

It was truly rare for souls to be sent to Elysium. Most souls tended to be sent to the Asphodel Meadows as their souls were both good and bad, not one side dominating the other.

Elysium was the afterlife for the heroes when the gods had first reigned. It was a place where one's soul could reside in paradise without work for eternity. As the eons came and went, no one would devote themselves to the ancient gods as humans were now inventing technologies, so the god of death decided to have the innocent placed in Elysium.

Most of the innocent souls that were guided to Elysium were of children and women who died of brutal deaths by the hands of man. There was the occasional soul of a man who live his life good without sin, but again, it was rare.

Then there was Tartarus, the deepest region of his kingdom. Souls of the wicked were condemned and sent there to be punished. It was a nine day fall to Tartarus, never knowing when the nine says were up. It was the anticipation that made the souls go made.

As the last round of souls came and went, the god was finally alone in the throne room.

Since Persephone's passing, it was times when all of his duties were completed and he sat on his kingly throne, that he truly felt alone.

The eons of loneliness had taken its toll on the god. Each day, more and more souls came and went and he was aching for her touch. His duties grew and grew, times where even he couldn't finish them all, and having a companion would help significantly.

He had no idea what it was about with the human girl asleep in his chambers that made his frozen heart want to beat. He had remembered her elder sister when she had passed. He had thought that they were identical sisters, but they indeed there was a two year gap between the girls.

Unlike the human girl, her sister was the type that made heads of the opposite sex turn with her curvious frame. But he had felt nothing towards the sister.

He asked her if she remembers how she died, and she told him that she couldn't recall; she couldn't even recall her own family. It was normal for souls to not remember their death. With time, she would come to remember.

That was five years ago. Now, she lives eternity in the fields of Elysium as she awaits for her family.

"Sir," the old man Charos said, his usually quiet voice booming in the large throne room. "All souls have been transported."

"Good," the god spoke, his voice husky. "How is the girl?"

"She is still asleep, but I suspect she will wake shortly."

"Have someone bring her to me when she wakes."

Charos bowed his head at his master. "Sir, if I may ask?" He looked at the fearless god, who motioned for him to continue. "Is the human girl to replace Lady Persephone? You visited her twice my lord, and even brought her to the Underworld--"

Before Charos can finish his sentence, a loud, piercing scream filled the throne room.

The god was quick to stand from his throne and towards his chambers. Chanos stayed behind, watching his masters retreating back.

The old man was curious as to why the lord had an interest in the girl. She was a mere human, she would see her death eventually and arrive here, then the lord could do want he pleased to her soul. But he instead did what he had done with Persephone all those eons ago and took her. Chanos knew that the girl had wished for death since the murder of her sister, and even before that fateful night five years ago. He had heard her prayers and had even considered influencing a human. After all, he was the angel of the dead. But he didn't, as he knew his lord wanted the girl to be alive.