"wow, Alzheimer's already?" Jimin mumbled.

"It's not funny Jimin, how are we going to be ready by tonight?" She harshly bit her lip.

"Jungkook bought the plane tickets for me, and all I have to do is print them off." He grabbed the remote, switching through channels.

"When do we have to be at the airport?" Sora stood in front of the screen, trying to gain his attention.

"Uh—" Jimin looked down at his watch and back at the television screen. "About an hour."

C A L I F O R N I A8 ᴀᴍ

C A L I F O R N I A
8 ᴀᴍ

"Do you think the house looks nice enough?" Jungkook focused on the dimmed living room, biting his fingernails as his wife raised her brows.

"Aren't they poor?"

"Faye, what the hell?" He gave her a look, watching as the maids snickered. "You can't just say that."

"But you told me they were low class m—

Jungkook put his hand over her mouth, signaling her to shut the hell up. He let go of her, straightening his tux. "They've has some financial problems, but that's not to be mentioned, got it?"

"Why are you treating me like I'm your fourteen year old daughter." Faye scoffed, turning away on her heels.

"Why do you act fourteen." He muttered under his breath.

"I set up the guest room, Mr. Jeon." A servant approached him.

"Which floor?" Jungkook curiously asked.

"The fourth floor sir." She sharply spoke.

"Ah—that won't do." Jungkook ruffled his hair. "Put them on the second floor so that they don't have to walk as many flights of stairs."

"But there's an elevator."

"Chul messed with the door, so as of now it's not working." Jungkook corrected her.

"I'll get the guest room ready— second floor."

"Thank you Sue— I'm so grateful to have someone other than me do something productive in this house." He averted his eyes to Faye, who sat on the marble counter, painting her nails a soft pink

"Things will work out for the better." Sue smiled, leaving Jungkook and his thoughts alone.

"Amina, where's your brother?" Jungkook stopped his daughter as she ran around the living room. She shrugged her shoulders, pouting as she couldn't get past his arm.

Jungkook narrowed his eyes as he heard the sound of oil sizzling. He looked over his shoulder, nearly knocking Amina over as he ran towards the stove.

"Chul, no!" Jungkook made it just in time, pulling the small boy in his arms.

"What happened?" Faye let go of the nail polish, quickly rushing towards them.

"How the hell could you leave the stove on, without watching it?" Jungkook shouted, louder than he usually does. "He could've burned his whole hand!"

Faye stared at him with tears in her eyes. "I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean—

"Sorry doesn't cut it." Jungkook interrupted, lifting the boy up. "This isn't the first time you've been careless like this." He walked outside, with the child in his arms.

"Mommy, w-why's daddy mad?" Amina grabbed onto her mother's pants.

"It's okay baby, don't worry about it." She ran her fingers through her daughters hair. "I love you so much." She placed a kiss on her soft cheek.

"I know mommy." Amina jumped a little. "Do you love daddy."

Faye gulped, closing her eyes as she felt tears start to form. She couldn't act this way in front of her daughter, especially at an age like this. Faye forced a smile, brushing Amina's hair back.

"Of course I love your dad."