Chapter 2.17

Wanda knew what had happened seconds before Bailey fell, she could just tell with every bone in her body

Wanda knew what had happened seconds before Bailey fell, she could just tell with every bone in her body. She could feel the last heartbeat, and inhaled with Bailey's last breath.

Vision had known when Wanda held the shared breath.

It was all very sudden, and she couldn't think straight about it at first. The lingering thought of how it had just... happened. It rested on her shoulder like a guilty devil.

At first she tried to prevent Natasha from going over to the boys, even if she wasn't close to the Red-Head. Yet, she understood the oncoming pain because Bailey was the older sister she never had the chance to have. Family, a rough concept to her as each one eventually left her on the Earth alone, and this was no difference.

When her parents died, she felt like she would have no one left to love her. Parents were supposed to be something you could never live without. They fed you, clothed you, taught you. Very quickly that concept became foreign to her.

Then she learnt that parents weren't the most important aspect of a child's life. Pietro helped her understand that 'as long as you have one person standing by your side, the world fades away, and you can be just as happy as you were before.'

And when Bailey taught her that it was in her right to mourn, be sad, gloom... it only helped her shoot back up twice as strong.

Now who did she have? Now who did Natasha have?

She tried to keep Nat back, away from whatever was happening at the feet of the boys. She vowed to hold the Red-Head at her side, even if they were never as close as they were to the Blonde, and bashed heads multiple times. Even if they were on opposite sides of reasoning for a day.

But her psionic hold would never be able to keep a broken heart from getting to the one they loved when in a crisis. It took one shout sounded from Sam's lungs to give Natasha the only push she needed to break free. The assassin slipped away from Wanda's hold very quickly, and there wasn't much the younger woman could do to prevent the next chain of events that had happen.

Ambulances pulled up, one by one, and people rushed out across the grass. She watched with tired eyes and sore arms, completely drained from the day she had had, and now emotionally drained. For some reason, she didn't feel tears, she didn't feel anything. The loss of her mentor had just brought a shut down on her emotions. She didn't want to open her mouth, move her arms, or even look away from the spot on the wall that she had been staring at for too long.

Her entire state of being became somewhat non-existent, and it was a scary feeling, but at the time she just felt like that was... her.

It might've been the lack of sleep, or the over-use of her powers. She caught a building that afternoon, there was no telling how that could've affected her state, but then her soul crashed into nothingness.