Chapter 2.10

"At a special United Nations Conference, 117 countries have come together to ratify the Sokovia Accords

"At a special United Nations Conference, 117 countries have come together to ratify the Sokovia Accords."

Bailey's eyes were transfixed on the screen above her head where the news reporter was able to get a few good shots of those walking into the building that was across the street from Bax.

"Excuse me," Her waitress arrived with the order of a beef burger, "You watching this?" she asked, nudging to the screen.

"Yeah," she shook her head after staring at the Golden curls and smiling pearls, "Yeah, I am."

Bax thanked her for the meal and tucked in, trying to ignore the woman standing across the table from her and rather focusing on the screen where she had managed to just see Nat avoiding cameras inside the building.

"Hey, aren't you..." she dragged on the ending of her sentence, not remembering the name.

From behind her sunglasses and cap 'disguise', Bailey raised her eyebrow.

"You know..." the waitress waved at the TV. The Avengers.

"Um," she coughed, hitting her chest as she almost choked from how close the question was hitting to home. She cleared her throat, "Oh, no. No, no." Bailey waved her hand and shook her head in denial.

"Funny," Goldilocks laughed to herself, "Sure look like the picture."

With a wink she cleared the table of Bax's old coffee cup, retreating to the back room.

Bailey made a gulp, looking back over her shoulder to the TV screen as pictures of The Avengers that had decided not to show up to the conference appeared on screen. There she was, wearing flight-goggles in Sokovia, a picture right between Wanda and Steve.

The pictures quickly changed from the disappointment of the absence to a live video happening at that moment, inside a white building one crosswalk away from the table Bax's lunch sat.

"When stolen Wakandan vibranium was used to make a terrible weapon, we in Wakanda were forced to question our legacy," King T'Chaka stood at the front of the auditorium, addressing every person in the room.

Bailey's eyes scanned those around her once again, and her curiosity piqued at a scene unfolding where a Sniffer Dog was pulling its police handler over to an outside broadcaster.

"Those men and women killed in Nigeria were part of a goodwill mission from a country too long in the shadows. We will not, however, let misfortune drive us back. We will fight to improve the world we wish to join."

Two police officers pushed back all broadcasters near the area of the van, threatening anyone inside and probing open the back doors.

"I am grateful to the Avengers for supporting this initiative."

Bailey rose from her seat, just barely listening to what the King had to say and rather turning her attention to what might be an actual threat of the moment.