Chapter 2.15

A spur of the moment

A spur of the moment. Sure majority of Bailey's actions or decisions in life could fall under that category, but she liked to rather describe it as part of living in the moment.

She made rash decisions and failing attempts on a daily bases. One could range from deciding to make a smoothie in the morning, and then ending up having to make for the whole team, to crashing through a pane of glass in an airport terminal.

Guess which one was happening now.

The Woman tucked her hands in front of her face, elbow cracking the glass upon impact and knees drawn to her chest. Maybe one day she would be able to look back on this 'spur of the moment' decision and realised she could have just phased through the window, maybe just phased the Spider-Man instead, but at the time it felt way cooler to send glass shattering to the floor in slow-motion.

She quickly rose to her feet, arms outstretched to the sides of her body and eyes focused on the scene in front of her. Bucky Barnes and Sam Wilson were taped to the ground with the webbing of Tony's youngest recruit, unable to tear themselves away from it although one had a full arm made of metal.

Spider-Man quickly detached from a Web he was using to swing across the room, and landed crouched on a pillar to face the newest Avenger looking for a fight.

"Guys look, I'd love to keep this up but I've only got one job today and I gotta impress Mr Stark, so... I'm sorry."

Bailey gave the Boy a shake of her head, and came up with a quick idea when she watched a few of his webs swing back and forth in the wind.

"Key Kid, we haven't met," she tried to distract him using the previous knowledge of how interested he was to be in the presence of The Avengers, rather than actually getting beaten up by them.

"Oh, yeah! You're the Eidolon, right? Mrs Romanoff?" he asked, pointing at her and then waving his hand in a circle, as if indicating 'of the moment'.

"Well, it's Bailey Baxter, but you're close enough, Mr..." she waited, for him to finish for her.

"Well, I kind of stick to the whole secret identity thing-"

The Boy got cut off from his reasoning by Sam's complaints, "Trust him to find someone equally willing to hold a conversation."