Chapter 15

If there was one thing in the world that could make Bailey feel guilty in an instant, it was the way Lila Barton jumped into her Dad's arms for a final goodbye

Steve had gathered the rest of the 'fighters' left standing in somewhat stable conditions, and signed them up for what they hope to be the very last mission. All they needed to do now was stop Ultron from reaching Helen Cho, and hopefully bringing an end to this roller coaster ride.

Bax couldn't help but find herself smiling as the Father and Daughter exchanged 'I love you's, and then Clint set the little girl her way to say a final goodbye.

"You're coming back soon right? No one else draws with me," the smaller girl walked up to her, and grabbed at Bailey's legs in a hug.

Bax laughed, and touched the back of her head, "Of course. As long as you promise to have some great new ideas for us," Bailey bent down, holding out her pinkie finger for her new friend to wrap her own around.

She got a fright as the kid pulled her down closer, "I have a gift for you," she whispered, looking around to make sure nobody noticed the piece of paper being exchanged.

"What is it?" Bailey played along, shushing the girl as she giggled.

"It's your rose," she smiled.

"You already drew me a rose, silly," she laughed and ruffled her hair.

"This is another rose," she widened her eyes, and discretely nodded her head to the woman hugging the Mother goodbye.

"Nat is my rose?' Bailey laughed, looking into her small eyes.

"Don't laugh! She is, right?"

"Of course, Kiddo," Bax stood up, giving Lila a final hug goodbye, before walking over to Laura and thanking her for allowing the team for staying with her the past two nights.

"It was a pleasure, everyone had fun," a twinkle glistened in her eyes, and the two woman stood while watching Natasha say goodbye to Lila and Cooper last.

"I'd like you to know your plan failed," Bailey teased the older woman.

"How exactly?"

"Don't pretend setting Nat and I up in a room together with one bed was an accident," she scolded, "I slept on the floor," she shrugged.

"You did not," she rolled her eyes at Bailey.

"I did too," she stuck out her tongue, and noticed Steve standing at the door waiting for them.

"That's our cue," she nodded to the Captain, giving a final kiss on Laura's cheek and following her team to the Jet.

She walked along the path indented in the green grass, trotting up the hill, the last in the line of superheroes who didn't speak a word. As she reached the jet, with everyone already inside, she turned to give the last look and wave to a beautiful family she could only hope to meet again.