A Miracle

Chapter 8: A Miracle

Louis;

I awoke the next morning and felt defeated. Defeated that I didn't fight hard enough and that my sister was probably gone.

I sat up in my bed and yawned.

It's only 5:45? Why am I even awake.

I forced myself downstairs where all the boys were already awake. And dressed?

"Uh, hello?" I said, looking over the lads.

"Good morning!" Niall chirped, happily munching on a piece of toast. I gave a weak wave and looked at Liam confused.

"Why are you lot awake... and dressed?" I asked.

"We got a call. Tracy's awake. Your parents said to come when we want." He smiled. My eyes popped open and I dashed up the stairs. I heard the boys chuckle at my sudden rush, but I didn't care. Tracy was awake!

"Harry drive faster!" I whined jumping up and down in the drivers seat. Why was he even driving, it's my car. Oh wait, he got the keys first. Curse his fast abilities.

"Lou, if I go any faster I'll get pulled over. Plus we're already here!" He said, turning of the engine and unbuckling his seat belt. We walked into the hospital and made our way to the elevator. It dinged and opened. And my parents emerged.

"Louis! You're here! We have to rush, but Tracy's waiting for you! Hi boys!" My mum said before kissing my cheek and walking past. My dad patted my shoulder and followed her. She seemed in too good of a mood for her daughter to be in the hospital. Oh no, what if my dream was coming true? No, that wouldn't happen. My mum cares to much. We walked into the elevator and pushed the 3 button. It was the longest elevator ride ever. It finally opened and we went around the corner on our way to Tracy's room. As we approached, a nurse walked out with a smile on her face.

"Hey Louis!" She said. I've come to know many of the nurses here, so it didn't surprise me when the nurse was Carol.

"Hey Carol, is everything okay?" I asked confused.

"Yep, she's doing a lot better since you boys left last night." She said with a relieved smile. At that moment we heard an 'Aw' come from Tracy's room. Carol snorted before laughing. "Brace yourselves boys" She laughed before walking away. We looked at each other confused before rushing into the room.

Tracy was now in her favorite Ninja Turtle pajama pants with a purple tank top. She had on her matching purple beanie. She was stood on the hospital bed looking at the television in the corner of the room with a wii remote in one hand and a numb chuck in the other. She was swinging her arms back and forth in the directions of the TV and was slightly jumping up and down. I looked towards the TV to see she was boxing.

"Go! Go!" She said as she knocked out the other player. She started bouncing up and down and cheering before looking at us. She paused and her smile dropped. Her face flushed red and her arms swung by her side.

"Hello" She nervously waved.

"Hey" We all said in unison. I smiled, and I think the others did too.

"Feeling better?" Zayn smirked. She smiled and nodded.

"Wanna play?" She quietly asked. We laughed and made our way over to the bed.

"So how long have you felt, better?" I asked slinging my arm over her shoulder.

"After Li- I uh when you guys left" She said, turning red. I heard the Li part so I immediately turned to Liam and he was a dark red too.

"What were you saying before that?" I smirked and looked back to Tracy. She avoided my eye contact and looked over to Liam, raising her eyebrows. He simply nodded and she shrunk back next to me. She let out a deep breath before coming up to my ear and cupping her hands around it so no one would hear what she was saying. Liam walked to the furthest corner of the room. He looked super nervous. She hesitated at first but finally whispered.

"I started feeling better, after Liam, um after I kissed Liam" She moved away slowly, afraid of what I was going to say. I looked over at Liam, he was fiddling with his hand like he normally does when he's nervous. His head was down, and he was concentrating on something the was on the floor. I shifted my gaze to Tracy. She looked terrified. Did they really think I was mad. I stood up and walked over to Liam. I thought it was funny to see them so scared of me. He looked up to me, his eyes meeting mine. He was petrified. As much as I wanted to burst out laughing, I didn't. Instead I smiled and pulled him into a hug. He hesitated at first but then soon, hugged me back.

"You alright Lou?" He asked, moving away slowly. I could feel the tears brimming in my eyes. I smiled and nodded.

"You practically saved my sister Liam. How could I be mad?" I whispered. He smiled and pulled me back into a hug. Niall, Harry, and Zayn were confused, not knowing what Liam and Tracy were up to last night. I looked to Tracy and she looked most confused. I walked over to her and kissed he cheek. " So I guess you have another life savor?" I chuckled, referring to the nickname she gave me. She giggled and hugged me.

"I'm lost" Harry said, plopping down onto a chair. Niall and Zayn nodded their heads and switched their glances from me, to Tracy, to Liam.

"Well last night when Liam went to spend time with his so called 'best friend'," I started, being as dramatic as I could. Liam rolled his eyes and Tracy turned red. "Liam instead save her life by kissing her." I finished with a nod. The boys eyes ent wide. They all looked at Liam and started cheering.

"Go Liam!"

"Liam is an angel!"

"You go LiLi!"

Were the phrases that were exchanged. Liam smiled, clearly embarrassed. Tracy was smiling. And so was I.

Because, for once, Tracy was happy.

***************

"LET'S GO HOME NOW! LET'S GO HOME NOW!" Tracy chanted as she jumped up and down on the hospital bed, this time, fully dressed.

"Trace, chill! Mum's scheduling your surgery!" I laughed, amused at the monkey I was stuck in this room with. She groaned and finally sat down on the bed.

"Lou, what if something goes wrong? During the surgery?" She asked, her face now full of fear. I leaned forward and placed my hand on her knee.

"Nothing will go wrong. You're a fighter. You're strong. Everything will be fine." I soothed. She smiled and went back to jumping on the bed. Why does she have so much energy? Then again, I have loads of energy. "Is that bed really that fun?" I asked, watching go up and down.

"Yes, Lou you have to try it" She said. I sighed and climbed onto the bed and stated jumping.

"Whoa, we need you of these at home!" I laughed. She giggled and nodded.

"What are you two doing?" My mum laughed from the door way.

"Mum! This bed is so bouncy!" Tracy said.

"You guys are crazy! Now come on let's go home! The boys are waiting downstairs!" She chirped. We hopped off the bed and raced to the elevator. We were the only ones in the elevator so we decided to annoy Mum by singing Christmas songs. Yep, that got her annoyed.

The elevator dinged and the doors slid open. The first thing we saw were all the boys, lined up on front of the hospital doors, about fifteen yards away. When Tracy saw them she smiled and ran towards them. But she ran to someone particular. Liam. She ran into his arms and he lifted her off the ground and spun her around, letting her red curls spin everywhere. I couldn't help the smile on my face. Even Mum was smiling. He set her down and she hugged the rest of the boys.

It's like we are one big family now.

And I liked it.

A lot.