Chapter 3- Ask Agreste

Start from the beginning

"Adrikins! How are you today? I missed you." She sang. The boy looked startled but simply smiled kindly.

"Good, thanks. Hey Nino!" Adrien walked away politely but still left Chloe feeling neglected. The two boys high fived and sat down together.

Alya turned towards Marinette.

"Come on! We're all friends here! Now ask!"

She pushed her friend's shoulder and pointed at the boy seated in front of her. She felt herself staring at the back of his blonde head, and for a second, everything surrounding her seemed to fade away.

The sound of heels clicking against the floor halted Marinette's daydream. Ms. Bustier had made her way into the room, ready to start class. Alya glared at Marinette but received a simple shrug in response. Marinette had no choice but to wait.

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

During lunch, Alya, Marinette, and Nino met up in the park to have a picnic. It was a beautiful day outside for it being mid-September, so the leaves blowing in the wind was the only thing that really bothered them. Marinette played with her rice with her Alya's spare fork, overthinking once again. She would have used chopsticks, but she'd forgotten to pack them. She'd been so distracted this morning she hadn't even noticed she'd left them on the counter. Alya shot a few glances her way but didn't say anything. She wanted to save Nino the trouble of her having to explain. Eventually, Nino had had enough and spoke up.

"Hey Marinette, dude, something bothering you?"

Marinette looked up and shrugged her shoulders with a slight smile, though it was obviously fake. Alya responded for her friend, with a low voice.

"Turns out things might be changing soon."

Nino took a bite of his sandwich. "What do you mean?" He asked with his mouth full.

"She might be moving out of Paris."

Alya's boyfriend almost spat out the food he was chewing. He coughed and took a drink of water before swallowing.

Nino then looked at the two girls, with a questionable look. "Why? Is the bakery doing okay?"

"Yes," Marinette said in a quiet voice. Her rice had certainly gotten cold by now. She put the fork down and began boxing up the rest of her food.

"She might have to go to the USA because her parents got nominated to be in some cooking contest."

"Baking contest..." Marinette mumbled, correcting her out of habit.

"WHAT!?" Nino gaped at them. The sudden burst of words from Nino made both girls jump in their seats. He didn't seem to notice he had been yelling.

"You-You can't!"

The girls exchanged looks, confused as to why Nino was so upset. Alya had taken it like a swat with a newspaper compared to the way Nino was. Possibly there was something he wasn't telling them.

"He will be crushed-"

Alya flipped her head towards Nino, as Marinette looked over at him, confused.