Acceptance... FINALLY!

Image above is Stephen James and Irina Shayk as Silas and Mina....

***Mina's POV***

With that we all stand and head out with Silas following Brett and Alec to the office to talk things over for a moment as Thomas heads to the cells to ensure the guards know what to expect, thought the one named Jacob plays with his phone. I stand for a brief moment watching everyone as Cade moves to hang out of the Jacob, though as soon as Oliver moves to leave I have the urge to speak with him, so I grab his sleeve asking him to follow me into a side room...

Oliver: "Is something wrong?" He asks and to his credit he actually looks concerned.

Mina: "Uh... no... but I was hoping I could talk to you for a moment." I mutter wanting to slap myself for sounding so weak. "As Silas' brother that is."

Oliver: "What about him?"

Mina: "Earlier when you walked into the office and I first saw you two... I realized...."

Oliver: "You're his mate?" He asks sounding somewhere between shocked and aggravated as I simply nod. "Then there are two things you need to know about Silas... the first is that you are his second chance mate."

Mina: "What..." I stammer a bit stunned to find that he had already been granted with a mate before me.

Oliver: "I really shouldn't tell you, but I know he has no desire to talk about it..." He groans pinching the bridge of his nose as he leans back against the table. "...he was rejected at first sight and stabbed in the chest with a silver blade..."

Hearing this my heart drops as I suddenly realize that there was once a chance that I would have never been graced by my mate, my wolf however is instantly enraged hearing someone touched our mate...

Oliver: "While he nearly died... multiple times... he still bares the physical and emotional scars from what happened."

Mina: "I... u-understand..."

Oliver: "The second thing you need to know is that he has his... well our... father's anger issues. While he appears to be a very confident and aloof man most of the time, he is easily enraged and turns to violence when worked up."

Mina: "As his mate it is my duty to help him through things like that though." I say with as much confidence as I can, trying to reassure him.

With that he simply smiles nodding slightly before patting me on the shoulder and exiting the room, though somehow, I feel like I gained his acceptance which means a lot. Over the next few hours the pack is busy readying for the ball and though I help out I am a bit upset that I don't get the chance to speak with Silas. Walking into the ball room later that evening in a long dark blue gown with no sleeves and a slit up to my thigh on the right, my hair in a styled bun and my mother's bracelet on I hear unwelcomed cat calls causing me to roll my eyes. A moment later Cade is bouncing slightly right in front of me looking dashing with his bow tie as he gushes about how beautiful I look.

Feeling eyes on me I look up to see Silas standing at the head of the room with Alec and Brett watching me with admiration though his eyes show nothing but sadness. Not ever wanting him to have that look in his eyes when it comes to me I excuse myself from my brother walking straight over to him... much to his surprise... asking him to walk with me. We walk in silence out of the ball room with a few women looking jealous as I steer us towards the balcony...

Silas: "You wanted to talk with me." He says looking almost as if he would rather be somewhere else though I understand what he might be thinking after what happened to him.