+ six +

A/N: prepare your hearts #2 !¡
also jaemin keeps randomly appearing first at unicef and then SMile? and no one knows...he's like kaito kid?!

JAEMIN

"ah...he said—um, he said," her eyes finally meet mine. "he said that you...liked me?"

my eyes widened as my fingers slip away from her cheek.

"he told you before i could?" i mumble under my breath, complaining.

my thoughts were then interrupted by what she said afterwards.

"hah, um...it's not true anyway, right?" she cracks a small smile, and it definitely didn't seem genuine to me at all.

my gaze travelled back to her eyes as my lips curved into a confident grin.

"what do you mean? of course it's true."

this time, it was her turn to widen her eyes in confusion.

"huh?"

i smile, pulling her into a hug. her head rested perfectly on my shoulder.

"you're the only one whom i can truly be myself with," i closed my eyes to savour this moment before pulling away slightly from her, but still not letting her go, and continued while looking down at her.

"and that's why i really like you, kang hana."

her cheeks flushed into a dark shade of red and my smile widens ever so slightly.

"but...why? how could you? i-i'm only just–"

her words were cut off by me as i leaned down towards her, our lips meeting in a short kiss.

when i pulled away, i chuckled and told her,

"i know what you're about to say, but you're not 'just' someone. you're way more than that. you were the only one who actually really cared," my arms that were around her loosened and instead, i firmly grab her shoulders.

"do you remember when i said we met for the second time at the convenience stall?"

she nods. "i-i was wondering about that."

"six years ago, at my grandfather's funeral...there was a girl who approached me. she was the daughter of one of the people who worked at the Na conglomerate. she offered me a sincere smile, and i was instantly taken with her. i never knew her name, but i know i wouldn't forget her eyes," i grin, reminiscing the past.

"six years later, she reappeared before me just like it was fate, and i immediately recognised her. and when i got to know her better, there was no doubt that it was truly her. she never changed one bit," i look down at her with a soft smile.

"that's right, that girl was you, kang hana,"

"so don't ever belittle yourself. do you hear me?"

hana flashes a thankful smile. "i heard you."

i remove both my hands from her shoulders.

"good. well then, can i get the honours to listen to your answer? i will definitely protect you from anyone who dares to hurt you."

i watch as her eyes widen slightly before casting themselves to the ground. "c-can you...give me some time?"

i blinked at her words and my lips curve into an understanding smile. "yes, of course."

"thank you, jaemin."

____________________________