+ two +

A/N: honestly people kinda gotta chill and not overthink with the risabae and jaemin photoshoot...like ok i get that you're jealous,, fair enough, but to stop supporting him on My English Puberty??? No.

KANG HANA

"thanks for getting me out of that situation, um..." i hesitate for a split second. "mark?"

"yeah, sure, hana." he nods as he returns to eating his food.

i pick up my chopsticks reluctantly and started eating mine. someway or another, he'd gotten me out of my situation earlier and we kinda ended up sitting together for lunch.

i took a careful glance at the black haired boy before me as i wondered about the reason why he even helped me out.

"hey," he started, snapping me out of my thoughts. "you're pretty smart for not trusting those girls earlier. if you're wondering if i helped you with a motive, don't bother. i seriously care less about...your seat mate."

"oh, okay," i nod. "but then, how did you know it was related to my seat mate...?"

he set his chopsticks down and looked up at me. "because he was the one who told me to watch out for you."

"huh?" slightly confused, i furrow my brows. mark shrugs and rises to his feet.

"don't ask me. well then, don't get into trouble again." he says and walks off with his tray in hand.

and so i was left alone in confusion.

__________________________

the remaining lessons after lunch break sped by quickly and soon, school was over.

everyone began speedily packing their bags up and made a beeline towards the exit. i was still packing my own textbooks as jaemin zipped up his blue coloured backpack beside me.

i couldn't help but cast a curious glance at him. there was not a reason for him to assist me at all. we haven't even spoken a single word to each other.

and i didn't even know him that well. who is he?

moreover, why did he even ask someone else to look out for me?

he swings his bag over his shoulder and when i realised that he'd caught me staring, i swiftly looked away as he walked off, ignorant.

by the time i reached the school gates, i was already one of the last few kids to get out of school.

i decide to shrug off my questions for the time being and made my way home to my apartment.

that night, i felt like i needed a late night snack to fall asleep, so i willed myself to get out of my apartment.

wearing a grey hoodie and black jogger pants, i walk down the same hill as i did that time towards the convenience store.

i picked out some banana milk from the fridge and a cup of ramyun plus cheese.

i quickly paid for it and put my ramyun in a microwave while i drank my banana milk.

"yah," someone tapped me on my shoulder and i jumped in surprise.

as i turn around, i catch sight of someone unexpected.

na jaemin?

he laughs at my reaction.

"what's wrong?" he asked.

"...what?" i was momentarily speechless since i was surprised at how jaemin seemed so distant in school but now he was so friendly.

as if it was perfect timing, the microwave beeped, signalling that the ramyun was done and ready to go.

i put my banana milk down and was about to open up the microwave, when jaemin does it instead.

"i'll help you, it's hot." he explains as he slowly takes out the piping hot ramyun.

he lifts the bowl up and heads to one of the empty tables. i quickly pick up my banana milk and sped walk towards him.

"there's really not a need, but thanks anyways." i thank him as i took a seat on the blue plastic chair.

to my surprise, he doesn't leave and instead sits opposite of me.

huh, again, weird.

we were left in an awkward silence until jaemin spoke up.

"are you okay? i heard about what happened to you in the cafeteria." i stop eating to look up at him.

"um...yeah. luckily a senior, mark, from year three helped me out of it, though." i gauge his expression, but there was no change.

"that's good." he offers a small smile.

"but, jaemin...i heard from mark that you were the one who told him to look out for me. is that true?" i made a decision to ask the question i had been curious about.

"oh? so he told you..." jaemin nods thoughtfully. "okay, i did tell him to."

he admits bluntly.

"why? we're...not that close, are we?"

"hm...i have two reasons,"

i wait for him to go on.

"one, anyone and everyone will do anything to get on my good side...including using you. i can't be the one to help you when that happens. people will talk more." he explains.

"let me guess, you're...a heir to a very powerful organisation?" i say, and he smiles wistfully.

"that's right. you catch on very fast."

he didn't seem very keen on explaining about his background, so i didn't bother to ask.

"so...that's your first reason?"

"well, sort of. there is another much major reason, though." his serious eyes meet my gaze.

"which is?" i ask him boldly.

but he only flashes a mysterious smile. "hm, i'll leave that for another day."

he pushes himself off the plastic chair. before he leaves, though, he says one last thing to me.

"i think it'd be better if we didn't speak so much in school, i don't want things like just now to happen again."

____________________________

A/N: idk...what are your thoughts on the story so far...?