Chapter Twelve

The date the next day ran late, it was pitch black as he walked her close to the property. "Hey!" Alice snapped when Chad was about to back her into a wall. He sighed. "Why do you hate me so much?" He held her face and frowned. Alice pulled his hand off. "You're old for a start." Alice grunted. "And you're so close to my dad. He sets us up to piss me off." Chad exhaled deeply once again. 

"But I don't come to see you for that." Some distance laughter and mumbling caught his attention. He drew his weapon. "You were armed?" Alice gasped, clutching her dress. The same one she wore at dinner. "Stay behind me." He ignored her previous statement and quietly walked. 

"Okay, so I think I found that Chad guy.. I told you he looks like my old goat when he doesn't shave!" 'Oh god.. Nox..'

There was more laughter. "Ya' ain't woofin'." Flynn chuckled. "He's so damn old." Matt chuckled. "Any last words?" Chad's gun's spring clicked. "Chad!" Alice screamed. "What? Don't you remember what your father said last time? It's the firing squad. This is second offence." He growled. "You're so spineless and heartless! All you care about is impressing my dad!" Alice stomped. "Tell me Chad, have you killed before?" She detracted while the others got their weapons in case this escalated. 

"I've killed before, and I'll kill again." He glared. Alice gasped. "You think Lisa just went missing?" He glared. "You!" She hit him in the face, he slammed his gun across her face so hard that she collapsed. Before she even hit the ground, Chad was on the ground being wrestled down by Flynn and the other guys coming to the rescue. Chad began to also swing his gun, hitting Flynn and Cecilia a few times. Alice got in the middle and pulled them apart. "Enough! Just let them go!" 

"You.. Oh! No wonder why you did that to your face! You traitor!" Chad glared. "At least she doesn't suck someone's ass to look good." Nox glared. "And let me guess.. You've been getting with him all the time." He pointed his gun at Flynn. "Chad." She dodged the question. Chad took aim and fired. By then, Chayse hit Flynn so he collapsed on the ground. Chayse was on his back in a second. "Chayse!" Everyone else screamed. 

Flynn chucked a few pebbles at Chad. Nox squatted over Chayse who was sputtering and wheezing. "Shh.." Nox did something that she's never done before.

She began to cry. 

Nox howled, she wheezed, shook Chayse, he said nothing. His blood ran out the back of his head. She glared back up at Chad who was stepping on Flynn and aiming his gun. "You!" Nox shouted, she snatched her gun and fired straight into Chad's skull. He slowly fell to his knees then slammed on his face. Dead in a second. Alice trembled. "This is all your fault!" Nox spat at Alice. 

Flynn slowly got up, his arm sore, a shallow cut on his cheek and neck. Alice, in her state of shock, half sobbing, she also leaned over Chayse like everyone. "He still has a pulse." Cecilia wheezed. "Hey! You hear me?" Matt pat his cheek. Chayse's hands were shaking. "Hey, if you can hear us put your pinkies together." Alice ordered, Chayse followed. Nox gasped and pushed down on his wound. 

Sirens blared, blue and red colours strobed. Flynn gasped and looked up. "All of you! Get out of here!" He shoved them off of Chayse, to the side. "Flynn, what are you doing!" Alice said as he shoved her against Matt. "Go! All of you!" He ordered. "Just trust me." He plead. They all followed his instructions. He picked up Nox's gun, rubbed it on his shirt and groped it a few times. He returned it on the ground and sat on his knees next to Chad's bloody pool. 

"You! Hands where I can see them!" An officer shouted, Flynn shut his eyes and did so. Some medics took Chad and Chayse on stretchers, with Chad's face covered with a blanket. "Surprise surprise, another one of you damn rotten kids." The officer's partner sighed as he cuffed Flynn. "I hope you have something good to tell the judge." He hit Flynn in the back of the head to get him to look at the ground.