Chapter Five

Heading down the stairs for some water, she heard a sudden knock at the door which sent Sergio sprinting to the door. He jerked the door open, he's never been so happy to hear a knocking door in his life. Who? None other than Mister Axton playing with his car keys. "What do you want?" Alice snarled. "Just a word with your father." He smiled, Alice folded her arms. His grin penetrates. "So, you mind if I steal Alice for the day?" Alice instantly flushed red. "No!" She shouted, so loud that the house shook. 

"What better do you have to do?" Sergio crossed his arms at Alice. Chad made himself at home, leaning against the door frame so that Alice could see him beam over Sergio's shoulder. She grit her teeth, tense. She hasn't had anyone to talk to in a month. "Ffffffffine.." She huffed, digging her nails into her clutch. 

Chad's grin went ear to ear as he held his arm out. She hooked arms with him and reluctantly entered his car. She crossed her arms and stared out the window as the castle shrunk. "What's wrong duchess?" Chad glanced her way and stroked his own chin. 

"Nothing." Alice grit her teeth, her shoulders tightened moments like this she wished she could teleport, and disappear. What the hell does a twenty five year old want from an eighteen year old? She wanted to at least levitate so she didn't have to touch Chad's car. She didn't want to breathe the same air as this asshole. Who's he think he is looking at her and chuckling every few minutes?

"What?" Alice grit her teeth. Chad used his pointer and middle finger to gently pinch her cheek. "Has nobody ever told you how adorable you look when you're angry?" Alice tore his hand off of her face. She had the feels for someone else. "Just drive." She huffed. 

"No problem." He shifted his gaze back to the road. "So your father wants to know where you've been running around all the time." Chad touched is chin. "I don't know what you're talking about." 

"Alice." Chad ordered, his personality suddenly changed. He went from devious, flirtatious, and forward to stern and aggressive. "I've just been off with a new friend." 

"Doing what?" He snapped. Alice flinched, "Nothing." She repeated this tone, but he knew she was off somewhere she shouldn't be. Alice shuddered when he went silent. She pressed her knees together and stared out the windshield where he pulled over silently by a fancy restaurant. 

'Great, trying to *woo* me'  She rolled her eyes and got out of the car, following him inside. She was seated almost immediately and a menu in front of her. She just stared at the menu and squinted at the tiny writing before giving up. Chad's foot tapping was what was on her mind. He's never been one to fidget. Then it hit her, why else would Sergio be forcing her to be out with Chad when he promised her that kind of freedom. 

Why would Chad suddenly snap at her as if she was a cheating wife? "Chad." She looked up at him reach for his water when she started talking. "Did my dad tell you to come and interrogate me?" She cocked her eyebrow, when he didn't respond right away she snatched her purse, got on her feet and chucked her water into his face. 

"I knew you were a desperate, cowardly, old man!" The whole restaurant was staring, flabbergasted. He jumped on his feet to try and calm her but she pushed his arms away and stormed outside. 

She muttered some curse words and chewed her lip until it bled a little to try and stimulate her anger. She finally arrived to the fence after being sure that Chad hadn't followed her. As usual, Flynn stood by the fence for a smoke break and let her in. "What brings you here?" 

"A disaster." She crossed her arms as he walked her to the house, he let her inside but quickly went upstairs to isolate himself. Cecily was in the kitchen trying to figure out what to do with some hard bread that she found. The guys were piled up on the couch. "Tell mama what happened." Cecilia sighed when she saw Alice glare at her own feet. 

The story made them chuckle. "I knew you had it in you." Cecilia grinned. "The guy's too old for me anyway, he's twenty five." Alice blew her hair away from her face. "That's like.. Dinosaur." Matt gagged. "Then I ended up here.. By the way.. How come Flynn is always out on his own." 

Chayse chuckled a little. "The guy hasn't been laid since he was sixteen, he's just bored with himself." Alice gagged a bit. "What?" But they didn't respond, just laughed at her shock. Nox stormed inside. "I got new booze tonight! We better drain this by three!" She shouted with enthusiasm. 

"So kid?" Cecilia pat Alice's head. "Care to join us?" At first she told herself that none of them were of legal age but the words that came out of her mouth contradicted this. "You know, why not?" She smiled. "That'll show your old man." Nox grinned and dug through the cabinets for some cups. "You know, just for good measure.." But she didn't have to finish her sentence because Nox did it for her. "Yes!" She jumped. "Let's get this done before any drinking actually." She rushed upstairs while Cecilia got some ice. "So walk me through how she'll do this?" Alice suddenly felt the anxiety touch her shoulder and whisper troubles in her ear. 

"Simple, ice it and stab. Done in ten seconds." The old fashioned way?! 

"Okay!" Alice replied with confidence though her head raced. 'Bad idea... You'll get in a lot of trouble for this... Outsiders aren't as blessed as nobles..'

Nox returned with rubbing alcohol, a sharpie, and a sewing needle. Cecilia handed Alice the ice cube. "So what are we doing for you today?" Nox grinned ear to ear. "Can I trust you to pick for me?" Alice hesitated. Nox nodded quickly. 

She took Alice's wrist and pressed the ice to her belly button. "Ouh! I know the perfect ones!" She sprinted back up the stairs and returned with a box. "Let's go all the way today." She got many pieces of jewelry. "I'll pierce everything." 

"Nox... Is this safe?" Alice's eyes sparkled, Nox nodded. "I've done this a thousand times, trust me.. It'll look great." Nox smiled. She took a match from the box and struck the flame, ran her needle through and placed the jewelry into the cup of alcohol. "Right here?" Alice blinked as Nox pushed her to sit exactly where she was. Nox didn't respond. 

"Take a breath." She ordered, pinching Alice. "Actually Nox, I don't think I really want to-" But the sharp pain of the needle breaking the skin sent Alice screaming and swearing. "Calm down, the jewelry is in." Nox stroked any final debris off and showed Alice in the mirror. She was panting and had half a tear hanging out of her eye but then smiled and sniffled. "That's.." But she couldn't figure anything else  to say. "Come on, what do you say we finish the job? You still trust me?" Alice smiled and nodded. 

In the end, after squeezing Cecilia's hand for several minutes, she had a triple helix piercing and rook on her left, second, third, and fourth lobes on both ears, and a tragus on her right ear, plus her forward helix pierced three times and to conclude her right side she also finally had an auricle ring. All this and a snug fitting nose ring on her left. 

Staring at her reflection, Alice didn't know who that was but she craved the feeling of revenge. Her confidence hasn't been here in years. "Now come on, it's already been a half hour." Cecilia picked up the bottle. "Flynn, we have your favorite!" Nox already began to cackle as she poured drinks for everyone.