Chapter Two

An unfamiliar masculine voice greeted her by cursing. She slowly looked up seeing a boy. Black hair combed to the side, confused as he looked down at her as he stood only inches away. He pinched a cigarette with his pointer and middle finger and blew smoke her way. A ring that was pierced through his lip also shocked Alice, she's never seen anything more than a woman with her ears pierced for earrings. He also had a long scar across his nose which further embraced his exile. 

She screamed and curled up again. Her father told her what would happen. They'd kill her, rape her, god knows what. The stranger chuckled a little. "You Barons are so weird." When she looked back up at him, a part of her was annoyed at his amusement as he twirled a switchblade. "You're not going to..?" He shook his head and chuckled. "Why would I? I only carry around a weapon in case I get jumped. Anyone's bound to run off." He returned it to his pocket.

She got up and brushed her shoulders with her hand and got up, straightening her dress. She sort of gave him a blank stare for a second. "I can't help it, my whole life.. I don't know.." She sighed.

"It's okay, I know that your whole life your servants have been wiping your butt and telling you that you're beautiful and that rebels are the worst." He mocked. Alice gawked at him for a moment. "No!" She crossed her arms. "Then what?" He cocked an eyebrow. "It doesn't matter."

"But don't you think it's healthy to inquire? You shouldn't believe everything daddy says." That's when she got a really good look at him. He wore dark jeans, a white shirt and a black leather jacket. For a rebel to wear that, it's obvious he nicked it from a store.

"I don't. Why else do you think I jumped?" She placed her hands on her hips, proud of herself for taking the fall. "Right, and not to avoid suitors?"

Her eyes widened. "How do you know?" She backed up. "Please, half the country's trying to get past your dad. The other half is nine year old boys that want to kidnap you". Alice shuddered. "Where do you stand exactly?" She poked his chest, he backed up and took another hit from his cigarette.

"I'd say I'm the only one that couldn't give a rat." He cursed again afterwards. "Right.. Because you don't look that much older than I am.. Don't you think you're a little young to be smoking?"

The stranger flashed another grin. "And you lack the ability to enjoy yourself once in a while." He exhaled smoke as he spoke. The smell of nicotine almost made her feel safe around him. "I guess.. That's also why I climbed."

"What did you plan on doing exactly? It's the middle of the night, a little lady like you walking alone on the streets now wouldn't see the sun again." 'The sun as in I would die or my dad would lock me up?.. Same thing..'

"I never caught your name.." She looked into his green eyes, so mysterious and devious. "Flynn." He replied, not asking for her name as he'd already known. "Alice." She introduced herself anyways. He squished his cigarette against the wall then tossed it to the ground.

Suddenly in the distance she heard laughter which frightened her, it was the laughter she heard from her window when someone was being jumped. "They caught me." He sighed. "Yeah we did.. Hands up and step away from my daughter." The spring of a gun clicked behind them. Flynn just grinned. "Must we end in violence?" He looked into Sergio's eyes, he and Chad held their guns high, Esther was behind them with more backup also armed. Alice had never seen her so stone faced before

"You're in enough trouble already, don't run your mouth kid." Chad pulled the hammer on his gun back. "Am I?" Flynn smirked, he drew his blade and more people jumped to his defense. Two girls and two boys. They all had blades except for one girl had a pistol. "Let's keep it simple ladies and gentlemen." The girl with the gun smiled. She had short brown hair that stopped at her chin's level. She had a round face and a slopped nose that had a horseshoe septum piercing. They were the same colourless eyes as Alice, only Alice's eyes changed colour.

Then next to her was another boy, about the same height as Flynn maybe an inch taller. He too had brown hair that was brushed to the side but shaved on one side paired with brown eyes. He had two small balls of jewelry on his eyebrow, chin, and tongue. He also had a small gap in his ears. The boy next to him looked identical but instead had hazel eyes and no ear gap, instead just jewelry in his ear. They all had piercings and the girl beside the boy without an ear gap had shoulder length black hair, same eyes as the first girl and a ring on her nostril and studs on her brows.

"You got some balls I be talkin' kid.. If my daughter wasn't here I would've shot you right then and there.." Sergio spread his knees apart to his shoulders. "But since I don't want my lady and daughter to see something like that I'll let you off the hook.. Just know that next time.." He glared at Alice who shrunk by his side and then to Flynn once again.

"It's the firing squad."