Chapter Seven

Flynn woke up to pain in his head, as if he'd been pierced through the skull with a knife. He hadn't been this drunk for over a year. I got up, completely exposed and alone, the light penetrated the dark in his window and blinded him. The memories from the previous hours rolled into his head. 

"Fuck." He cursed and fell back after putting his boxers back on. The door of his room swung suddenly. He groaned and turned his head away when he realized Chayse had come to see him. "What a blast!" He chuckled. "You haven't done anything fun in two years." Chayse tossed Flynn a shirt. "It wasn't fun." Flynn huffed. "Not now it isn't." 

"That's not what Nox said." Chayse elbowed him. "Whatever, it's not emotional. We were drunk." He rolled his eyes. Chayse snorted "You still slept with her. Do you even remember the last time you got laid?" Flynn shook his head. 

"Well there you have it. Anyway, Nox tells me Alice was terrified to face her parent." Chayse began to laugh. "At least you kept a piece." A rag suddenly hit his face and Nox entered and picked it back up then placed her hands on her hips. "You're disgusting." 

"What can I say? You said that it's just guys being guys." Chayse stepped away from his girlfriend when she threatened his with the wet rag like a belt. "She thought she was in trouble with us, maybe you should ask her if she's okay when she swings by again." 

Flynn scowled at them for a moment, "Why!" He complained. "Good thing she was drunk. Who the hell wants to get with you like that?" Nox wandered back downstairs. 

___

Staring out of her window, pinching her pen Alice was already missing freedom. A gentle knock on the door made her jump. "What dad!" She shouted, maybe he was coming to apologize. Esther entered instead, it calmed Alice down to see a more friendly face greet her. "Oh.. Hey mom.." Alice leaned back. 

Esther sat on the bed which was next to Alice's desk. "Am I still in trouble?" Esther shook her head. "You're not mad, right?" Esther smiled and shook her head again. "I just with you told me before going and getting those." She then lowered her voice. "And you know, I think Chad's too old for you." She whispered. Alice nodded. 

"He's too pushy, you think?" Finally, someone else who agreed with her. "And demanding!" Alice added to Esther's statement. The exchanged smiles for a minute. "But you've been off a lot, who've you been with?" Alice shuddered, her cheeks went pink. "New friends, you don't know them." 

Esther narrowed her eyes. "Mhm.." She doubted then pinched Alice's nose as if she were a baby. "Well I'll pretend like I believe you, but just so you know I look forward to meeting person of interest. You can go when you finish studying." Esther shut the door. 

Alice and Flynn? Never, well, how? He's so sarcastic, he keeps to himself. Esther was just messing around, she has no idea who they are. Why should Alice worry?