Chapter Seventeen

Hey guys! I know, I've been the worst about updating! I really needed a break, I had so much going on. Just wanted to post something, even if it is short. I promise there will be more soon! Enjoy ;) 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I woke to the sunlight filtering through gaps in the trees outside my window. The steady breath on the back of my neck told me that Garrett was still asleep, but only just. I could feel his consciousness stirring on the edge of our bond, pushing towards the surface.

He took in a sharp breath as he stirred, his face naturally nuzzling into my neck and inhaling my scent there. I knew that was what he was doing because it was what I'd done multiple times throughout the night. He smelled intoxicating, like spice and amber and something decidedly male. And mine. He smelled like mine.

His strong arms embraced me from behind as if protecting me. Our bodies had once again moved closer in the night. I could feel the length of his form pressed into mine. I could feel his semi-hard shaft against my backside. In my early morning fog, as I was still drifting between asleep and awake, I could pretend everything was okay. I could enjoy his touch, relish in coursing my hands down his chest. I wanted to just let the moment happen. Let the chips fall where they may.

I knew the moment he realized what he was doing he'd stop immediately. He'd been serious about not wanting to push me. I'd appreciated it, but after spending the night in his arms, safe, all I wanted to do was stay there as long as I could. I pushed my hand towards the one he had wrapped around my waist to hold him there. The hem of my sleep shirt rode up above my belly button and I stopped. What if he didn't want me? What the hell was I doing, anyway?

Just then, his fingers flexed against my abdomen and traced down to mine, grasping them softly. Heat pooled in my core as my breath hitched. I could feel his lips graze my neck, tentatively, as if he was gauging to see how I'd react. When a small noise of pleasure escaped me, his touch became more confident.

His hand tightened slightly around my waist, pulling me closer to his growing arousal. He nipped at the base of my neck before trailing more kisses down my collarbone to my shoulder. He grazed the underside of my breasts and sent shivers down my spine. I could feel the temperature in the room rise as we explored each other.

Feeling bold, I guided him down below my sleep shirt, where he hit bare skin and froze. I silently urged him on and he made a pained sound deep in his throat as he continued. His fingers skimmed the hem of my panties before he dipped lower, lower, until he was so close I could almost-

A loud ringing sounded right next to my ear. I jumped instinctively, and he immediately pulled back. I opened my mouth to tell him I hadn't freaked out because of him, but he was already answering the phone. With one final kiss to my shoulder and a heated gaze that said 'this is not over' he got up and walked into the hallway.