Chapter Ten

Hey guys! GAH, it's been forever!!! I'm so sorry! All will be revealed soon! 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What the fuck? The name Daniel rang a bell, of course, but Gabriel had never mentioned a brother. Gabriel's hand on my fur reminded me to take my paw off the other wolves throat. A menacing, soft growl came from somewhere nearby, and it took me a moment to realize it was coming from me.

He hurt mate. I could tell my wolf desperately wanted to hurt him back.

Let's wait and see what Gabriel has to say, I managed. I didn't entirely disagree with her.

The rogue didn't move a muscle once I stepped off of him. His eyes shifted wildly from Gabriel to me to the door to the bedroom. I could almost see the gears in his head working, trying to find the best means of survival. After a few moments, his gaze seemed to land on Gabriel for longer periods, until finally a hint of recognition seemed to flare.

He was still breathing heavily and looked very much like a cornered animal ready to fight its way out of danger, but some of the wildness was gone from his expression and his body began to relax just a little.

"Gabe." The first word he said sounded forced and choked with emotion.

"Nate," Gabriel responded. I could tell he was more perturbed than he let on, he hadn't covered his shock quickly enough.

Gabriel slowly extended his hand. The other wolf looked at it warily for several moments before finally grabbing it and letting Gabriel pull him to his feet.

That was when I smelled her. Sophie. I could tell she was nearby, my senses told me in the bedroom 'Nate' kept glancing to every few seconds. I started to walk towards the door, only to be stopped by a once again growling rogue. He was still human, but the sound coming from him was very much wolf. His teeth were bared in a display of dominance, with both arms blocking the entryway.

"Nate," Gabriel started. "Did you take Sophie?"

"She's mine." His voice was animalistic, masculine, and completely possessive. His eyes flashed yellow.

"Okay," Gabriel responded slowly. "Caroline's just been really worried about her since she woke up. She didn't know what happened to her. Could she see Sophie? We promise we won't take her away from you."

Won't we?

Nate's hands reluctantly let go of the wooden frame, which was starting to bend and crack under the pressure of his grip. I didn't relish trying to squeeze past him, but luckily I didn't have to. A tiny blonde person came up behind him and peaked out from over his shoulder. She placed a hand gently on his shoulder, and he instantly relaxed. It was like someone had defused a bomb about go off, and tension in the room dissipated into thin air.

Relief flooded through me at the sight of the tiny blonde. Sophie barely noticed me, though. She was completely focused on the strange wolf who had kidnapped her. I saw concern in her eyes, and maybe even... affection?

That was it for me. "Can someone please explain what the fuck is going on?!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I know, you hate me. I couldn't resist another cliffhanger. God, they're just so much FUN.