Chapter 11 - Encounter's with the Ex.

Chapter 11

"You're joking right?" Chase asked me as we went up to our locker's to pack. 

 "I'm being legit with you." I said as I stuffed my things in my backpack.

 "So what you're telling me is that Jake, you're ex-boyfriend is going to be seen in these hallways tomorrow?" Chase sighed over-dramatically.

 "Yes." I confirmed, nodding my head as I spoke.

 "Shit." Chase said as he leaned on the locker next to mine as I continued to pack.

 "My words exactly." I rolled my eyes at him as I packed up the last of my stuff. 

Chase sighed as I put my back to my locker, as I stood beside him. I slightly brushed my arm against his as I began to lean more, my ankle was pissing me off major time, but the nurse said to try and walk it off. 

 "So what are you gonna do about it?" Chase asked me. 

 "I dunno. You don't think he'll try to make my life a living hell, right?" I asked Chase, looking at him. In reality I really didn't wanna know the answer, but I had to know. What does Jake have planned? I should totally like hook him up with Ingrid, take a video, and put a video of Jake running away from her on YouTube. 

 "I'd like to say you're wrong, but..." Chase's voice trailed.

 "I know. He's going to do his best to make me suffer." I closed my eyes as I gulped.

 "There only like ... 1 and a half months left until Prom and Graduation.. Do you think you can hold out until then?" Chase asked me.

 "I hope." I answered as I opened my eyes again.

 "Me too." Chase said back as we both put our back's back against the lockers. 

There was a long silence. I looked up at the ceiling, my eyes wandered to the flickering lights at the end of the hall. Suddenly a whole bunch of memories about Jake & I began to pour in, as if they were saved on a hardrive and the memory was playing out, fast, quick, and on full throttle. When the memories finally stopped, I realized I had held in a breath as they streamed in.

I let out a loud breath and tried not to cry. A coat of tears had surfaced my eyes, and my cheeks felt flushed and out of color. My lips were chap, and I knew they were. The world around me seemed so much dimmer, the flickering of the lights seemed more dark. More threatening. I hate this. I hate Jake. I hate him! He made me like this. Cold hearted. 

The sound of the bell snapped me out of my thoughts. I pushed my back off of my locker, and slugged my bag against my back. I was about to take my first step when a tear slid down my cheek. I turned on my heel and banged my head against my locker, and began to cry. My lip quivered at I cried, I felt Chase put his hand on my shoulder. I felt eyes at the back of my neck. But most of all, I felt Jake making his way back into my mind, without me even giving him permission. 

I gulped in air, trying to calm myself down. All of my friends were now surrounding me. Speaking in hushed tones. I heard Dylan's voice in the backround explaining our encounter with my ex. Once Jake's name was said, Robin went into a different state. She was just as mad as I was at him. I could here her tugging, agitated, on her hair. 

I could feel the breath of the people around me flying around my neck. Trying to break the air barrier I just put up. The second I let a tear drop, I have a breakdown. I could walk home crying, right here. Right now. 

 "Dani." I heard Dylan say over all of there hushed voices.

 "Yeah.." I said weakly, not talking my forehead off of my locker.

 "I need you to turn around." Dylan said. I could feel someones warmth closer to me. Dylan's voice definatly sounded closer aswell. 

 "Why. I look like a crying hag." I whinned.

 "Just please turn." Dylan urged me on.

 "Nooo." I said as some of the tears dried up.

 "If you won't turn for me, turn for Clark." Dylan chuckled, causing me to produce a small laugh.

 "Fine. But only for Clark." I said as I turned on my heel and faced Dylan. I looked down at my flats, not wanting anyone to see me in this state. Suddenly I felt someones hand underneath my chin, trying to push my face up. I attempted to resist, but I was simply too weak to even try. So what if someone sees me with puffy eyes anyways? 

 "Whatever that Jake kid did to you," Dylan said as our eyes met, "is not worth crying about." 

Dylan was right. Jake wasn't worth crying about, neither was Ingrid. I gulped hard and tried to determine my thoughts, calling Dylan right.. hmm. 

 "I guess you're not wrong." I said playing around with my words to lighten the mood. A slow smile began to twitch at the edges of Dylan's mouth.

 "Still not used to me always being right?" Dylan chuckled.

 "I don't think I'll ever be used to that." I said as I felt the last of my tears finally drying up. 

 "Whatever, be that way. But trust me, one day you'll thank me for my wisdom hun." Dylan poked me on the nose with his finger. I just rolled my eyes and began walking down the hallways with my friends. The whole gang was there, Chase, Dylan, Charlie, Robin, Darcy, and Robin's date.. 

 "So.." Chase said as I felt his arm brush mine, as we walked.

 "What's on you're mind Matthews." I narrowed my eyes at him.

 "Do you think anyone will remember Jake?" Chase asked me. 

 "Chase, we live in a city and go to a school, were everyone remembers everything. Accept the answer's to a History test." I explained, feeling helpless. Everyone would start to pick on me again, my grade 9 high school year was a huge soap opera. My grade 10 year wasn't that pretty either. My 11th was pretty good, to think of it. Not many people talked about it much, but once Jake comes back, that'll all just come back and run me over. 

Like a truck running over a raccoon.

A raccoon that was running across the street.

That raccoon was named Dani. 

I feel stupid comparing myself with raccoons. 

-----------

Hey everyone, I'm so sorry for making this chapter soo short -_- I know it's not my usual 3-4 - 5 pages.. I've just been so freaking busy lately! ERRRR, school's starting for me on Sept 4th sadly, so once that day comes, don't expect fast updates.. the chapter's will be pretty lenghthy but, they won't be updated until like the weekend.. I hope you guys can put up with my time tables. Thanks again lovelies! <3 please vote/fan/comment - but only if you think the chapter deserved it! <3 SEEYA IN MY NEXT ONEEE - C a r a F u n k < 3