thirty.

"If it doesn't challenge you, it won't change you."
FRED DIVITO

Pony stretched on the track and looked up to where the gang was watching.
they all smiled and Georgia gave him good luck.
it was about 30 degrees, so Georgia had an adorable sweater on along with gloves and a scarf that made her red cheeks pop.
Pony's heart fluttered at her and he smiled all big and bright.
he mouthed i love you and she mouthed it back, except added 'too' to the end.
Pony got in line and waited for his race to be up.
at first he got second place, next to his biggest rivalry, a Soc from another high school.
then he got tied with the same guy in an even longer race.
he looked to the gang, out of breath and disheartened.
they looked back with a look of courage and empowerment, assuring him he could do it.
it was the last race, twice around the lap, a relay.
the first person on Pony's team went and was in second for awhile before tagging the hand of the next runner, who caught up to the man in the lead.
but the next runner wasn't the best, Georgia recognized him as Carl's best friend.
Pony was the last runner and as soon as he tagged him, Pony immediately took first.
the gang started cheering loudly and some Soc parents looked over to them like they were crazy.
Pony crossed the finish line in first and the whole gang hurtled themselves down to the track to congratulate him on his big win.
Georgia was pretty pissed at the amount of girls surrounding Pony, staring at him in the most romantic, hoe-ish way.
Georgia caught his eye and he pushed through the girls with their eyes on him.
he wrapped his arms around Georgia and picked her up, as she gave him tiny kisses all over his face.
"you won!" she cheered and he smiled down to her, pressing a large kiss onto his lips.
the rest of the gang congratulated him and they began to leave, put someone pulled Georgia aside.
she looked up and saw it was Rich.
"look, i'm really sorry about what i said the other night. i just felt you were giving me hints the whole night and misinterpreted it, and i was hoping you could give me a second chance." he exclaimed sweetly.
she thought his gesture was sweet, "of course."
she nodded and said, and he smiled.
"could we hang out sometime soon?" he asked.
"maybe, if my boyfriend lets me." she teased.
his eyes went wide, "boyfriend?"
"yeah. the one whole called me babe the other night." Georgia stated as if it were obvious.
"wait, wait, wait, Ponyboy Curtis is your boyfriend?" he asked and looked pretty scared.
"yeah, why?" she asked.
"he'd beat the hell out of me if we hung out, no thanks." he said and looked over Georgia's shoulder to the gang who was watching Rich very intently.
"no he wouldn't." she insisted.
he nodded and walked off, looking as petrified as a deer in headlights.
"y'all scared him away." Georgia said and walked back over to the gang.
"what'd he want?" Pony asked and took Georgia's hand in his.
"he felt bad about the other night, so he asked if i wanted to hang out. i jokingly said 'if my boyfriend will let me', but he didn't know i had a boyfriend, and when he found out it was you, he got scared shitless." she said in one breath.
"damn Pony, quite the big man, eh?" Two nudged him and Georgia quietly laughed.
"guess so." Pony seemed surprised too.