"Life is cruel, don't you think?" Antonio mocked with the weapon balancing loosely between his fingers. He knew that neither of us had the power to defend ourselves and that simple fact made vomit rise to the back of my throat.

Alessandro and I waited for his next move with both of our hearts hammering in the empty room.

"And it's about to get a lot more cruel," Antonio spoke with a familiar darkness to his tone.

And then suddenly I felt the world cave in beneath my feet.

A gunshot echoed through the hollow room and before I could process anything — I was dragged away by his men. Shock took over my body and I tried to scream but nothing came out. I couldn't see Alessandro through the bulky figures of the men but a part of me accepted that he'd just been killed.

My love had just been murdered infront of my eyes.

My heart felt as though it could leap right out of my chest. Angry tears formed in my eyes and threatened to stream down my cheeks as I was dragged away by the Devils.

It was almost as if my whole love story with Alessandro flashed before my eyes. Every single little moment made tears rush quicker down my cheeks until I could barely see where I was being dragged.

And then I blacked out — my last thoughts being Alessandro.

Rosie

Heartbreak wasn't unfamiliar to me.

It was something that was used to rushing through my veins and causing scars on my delicate heart. Scars that have never seemed to fade — no matter how many years separate my head from the memories. I'd seen things that I was never meant to see, felt emotions that I never thought I'd have to face. And I had lost people that meant the universe to me.

I could feel tears roll down my cheek as I thought about my childhood — Alessandro specifically. We'd always been like brother and sister and I had always loved him with my heart and soul. I'd do anything for him. And I'd always known that he'd do the same for me.

One of Antonio's men had come by the Estate and dropped Eva at the doorstep in the early morning. Her condition was awful; she had bruises and dried blood covering her body and she could barely open her eyes. My heart broke in my chest as soon as I saw how they'd treated her.

He'd left some kind of note from Antonio. I'd read the note over and over again and each time, my heart shattered even more violently than before.

Here is your sweet girl. I decided that I was done with her; I used her and she isn't of any value anymore. My conscience told me that she didn't necessarily deserve to die so I've given her back to you. But Alessandro doesn't deserve to inhale another breath and that's why I've killed him. A gun to the head — if you wanted to know.
Don't fuck with me. I'll fuck so much harder.
- Antonio

I screamed when I read the note for the first time. Screamed and cried for hours. Alessandro was someone that I couldn't imagine living without. He was my best friend — the only person that truly understood me. Like an older brother that I knew would never leave my side.

As I walked down the hallway towards my bedroom, I could feel tears form in my eyes.

And that's when I heard a raspy voice coming from another room. Looking over my shoulder, I saw Oscar standing there with sheepish eyes. He looked concerned and his facial expression wasn't hard and stiff as it usually was. Instead I saw comfort in the way he gazed at me.