21 ☼

Rick, Shawn, and Moni walked into the living room. It was dank and the smell of weed masked the entire house. Shawn took a deep breath in then exhaled. He felt like he was back at home smoking a bunch of joints.

     His eyes soon landed on Jah, who was passed out on the couch. Shawn's jaw began to tighten and he felt a little stressed. He hasn't spoken to Jah in a long time. Ever since the drama with Moni and their falling out, they've kept their distance from each other. Shawn didn't even want to make amends with his ass.

Moni sucked her teeth in disgust and placed a hand on her hip. She hated Jah and wanted absolutely nothing to do with him.

Noticing the resentment, Rick briefly looked at all three of them and scratched the back of his head. "We gone have to put this behind us and squash everything."

Both Moni and Shawn instantly shook their heads, almost in unison.

Rick placed a hand on his face and rubbed it downwards, letting out a groan of frustration. "I'm being serious. We all grown. You and me both did the same, why can't y'all?"

"I don't fuck with that nigga," Shawn spat harshly. "He a fucking opp, a goofy, and a bum ass nigga on my grandma bro."

Jah's eyes slowly opened. They darted around the room until they landed on Shawn.

Slowly sitting up, he rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand to make sure that he wasn't seeing things. Sure enough, Shawn was actually standing there. Anger and rage began to course through his veins.

"Yo, what is this nigga doing here?" Jah hoarsely questioned, scrunching his face up in disgust. "Thought you ain't fuck with him bruh?"

"We squashed our beef," Rick replied, looking between the two. "Something y'all need to do."

     "Nah, I ain't fucking with that nigga no more," Jah said as he slowly got up from the couch. "Him and his bitch nothing but trouble."

     Moni instantly frowned. Shawn immediately tensed up, the veins in his neck began to show. He stepped over to Jah and towered over him with his fists balled up.

     Looking down at him, Shawn questioned Jah. "The fuck did you say homie?"

     Jah replied back cockily. "You and your b-"

     Before Jah could finish his sentence, Shawn punched him in square in the face, causing him to stumble back and fall onto the couch.

     Jah quickly reacted and stood on his two feet, swinging at Shawn. A few of his hits connected.

     Moni watched in shock and disbelief as the two fought. She stepped closer to them, looking for a way to separate them from each other but it looked too dangerous.

     "Bae stop!" Moni yelled at the top of her lungs. But her pleas fell on deaf ears as Shawn continued to fight Jah. He then put him in a headlock and attempted to choke him.

     "Enough!" Rick shouted as he stepped in between the two and tried to pry them away from each other. "Not in my motherfucking crib!"

     "I'm gonna kill him," Shawn said, out of breath as Jah was punching him in the stomach. He then tightened his grip around his neck.

     "Bae stop seriously!" Moni shouted again, this time going up behind Shawn and pulling him off of Jah. "Cut it out!"

     "What's going on?" Kit questioned as she walked down the stairs in a white bathrobe. Her eyes widened in shock as she saw Shawn putting Jah in a deadly headlock.

     She quickly rushed over to the the two and began to pull Jah away from Shawn. Rick stepped in and helped her.

     A minute later, Shawn let go, causing Rick, Jah, and Kit to stumble back.

     "Y'all not gonna do this here!" Kit said angrily as she adjusted her bathrobe. "Not in this house y'all ain't."

     Shawn raised his hand up and pointed in Kit's direction. "You saying all this now, yet you fought my girl not too long ago and got your ass beat you goofy ass hoe," he spat as his chest heaved heavily up and down from exhaustion.

      Jah regained his composure and fixed himself before exiting the living room and making his way to the front door.

     Shawn turned to Rick. "I came here for help. My motherfucking daughter been took by this nigga Jon and I don't know if she straight or not."

     Before twisting the door knob, Jah stopped in his tracks. He wasn't cool with Shawn, but to hear that his daughter was abducted and potentially harmed, shit slowly began to weigh in on him.

     A tear escaped Moni's eye. She quickly wiped it away with the sleeve of her sweater and took a deep breath.

     "I came here on some different level shit. My daughter, my fucking seed, has been taken away from me. I only got myself, my girl, and homeboy to help me deal with this shit. But now, I gotta deal with this nigga and this bitch bullshit? Calling my girl out her name in front of me?" Shawn continued, his voice slightly cracking. He was getting emotional.

     The room grew silent. Nobody moved from where they stood or uttered a word.

     Jah thought about the words that came out of Shawn's mouth. Even if they weren't on good terms, he wanted to help Shawn retrieve his daughter. It wasn't an obligation, but he felt like he had to do it.

     Jah cleared his throat before speaking. "Look, you don't fuck with me, and I most definitely don't fuck with you, but I'm willing to help you alongside my dawg in getting your jit."

     Everyone's head snapped in Jah's direction. They were struck as to what Jah said. Shawn still wasn't down for it.

     "You trynna do good by me now, you wasn't doing all that shit before homie. You tried to make a pass at my girl, told her some shit about me, and moved like an opp nigga. I can't fuck with you no more."

     Jah nodded his head in acceptance. There was nothing he could do to change his mind.

     "Thanks for that offer, but I'm not taking it. I'm just gonna have to handle it with my girl and Rick," Shawn concluded, wiping a small tear from the corner of his eye.

     Jah slowly twisted the door open and walked outside. Since he clearly wasn't needed, what was the purpose in staying behind?

     Moni walked up behind Shawn and hugged him from the back. Shawn stood there and sighed.

     "So, what's the move bro?" Rick questioned as he took a seat on the couch. Even with Jah out of the picture, they still had a mission to execute and complete. They couldn't waste anymore time.

     Both Moni and Shawn took a seat on a couch that was adjacent to Rick's and began forming an elaborate plan.