4 ☼

Shawn pulled Moni closer towards him as he slept. It's been a while since he's had some rest. Ever since he was working, he never got any type of sleep. Now that he was fired, he ain't had to worry.

Yawning, he glanced over at the clock and saw that it was almost 6 P.M. He smiled to himself and placed his head on Moni's shoulder.

Feeling the weight of his head, Moni fluttered her eyelids and turned her head slowly, causing her lips to brush by his. She pecked his lips then shifted in the bed.

"Bae, what time it is?" She asked curiously.

"6 P.M," he answered as he began to nibble on her shoulder.

Moni frowned. She was confused as to why he was still here in bed with her and not getting ready for work. As much as she wanted him by her side, she also wanted him to continue grinding.

"Don't you got work today?" She questioned, raising a brow.

He ceased nibbling on her shoulder then lifted his hand up to caress her skin. "Nah bae, tomorrow in the morning. I'm vibin' today."

     Moni shrugged her shoulders and went along with it, clueless that he was about to go back down he same path that nearly destroyed them.

~~

    The next morning, Shawn woke up next to a sleeping Moni. She laid on the bed with her legs spread all the way out and her mouth wide open, snoring loudly.

    Shawn looked over at her and chuckled. She was something else.

    Gently lifting himself off the bed, he slipped on his Nike sandals and walked in the direction of the bathroom. Before he walked in, he stopped in his tracks, stretching. After that, he went in and closed the door behind him.

    Taking less than 30 minutes to complete his hygiene, he stepped out of the bathroom and walked over to the dresser.

     Shawn dried himself off and lathered his body in lotion. He settled on wearing his classic red True Religion jacket, black True religion pants, and his Gucci slides.

    Shawn looked down at his watch and saw that it was almost 8 A.M. Rick was supposed to call him to let him know when exactly he was supposed to stop by the Boss's den to pick up the work.

Just as he thought about calling Rick, his phone vibrated loudly. Caught off guard, he quickly muted the vibration and glanced at Moni, who was still sleep. He took a deep breath and looked at the screen and saw Rick's contact name.

"Yo?" Shawn whispered into the phone as he walked out of the bedroom.

"You ready bruh?" Rick asked, getting straight to the point.

"Yeah, I been ready," he replied, chuckling dryly. "I'm gonna come down there now."

"Igh," Rick replied before hanging up the call. Shawn walked down the stairs and grabbed his car keys off the counter top.

Once outside, he unlocked the doors of his Mustang before hopping in. He started the car up then proceeded to back out of the driveway and into the depths of the ghetto.

It took him less than 20 minutes to reach Boss's apartment complex, being that he was familiar with the location. Shawn killed the car engine then exited his vehicle, making his way towards the building.

    He spotted a little teenage boy, around the age of 13 or 14, sitting near a dumpster that was next to the apartments. The little boy's clothes were tattered and covered with dirt. He also looked like he hadn't eaten in days because of his physique.