15 ☼

Moni nervously looked between the two and swallowed hard. She didn't know how they were going to act, being that they hadn't seen each other recently or been in contact even before the incident. After being notified about the event, she decided to text Rick to let him know what happened and suggested that he came to visit Shawn.

    The tension was starting to become very thick in the room. Hopefully, they would talk and work things out like two, civil young adults.

    Rick held his gaze on Shawn before dropping his head to the ground. Shawn's eyes, however, remained on Rick. Rage filled his whole body as he sat in his bed staring at him.

    Shawn moved his head in a circular motion, causing his bones to crack loudly. Moni looked at him worryingly before speaking.

"So bae," She said softly. "I had texted Rick to let him know about the situation and for him to come and visit you."

Shawn turned his head in her direction quickly, causing her to semi flinch.

"Why the fuck you told this fool to come and check up on me?" He barked angrily as he tried getting up from his bed. "He ain't give a fuck and still don't."

"Because, you guys are homeboys!" Moni shouted.

"Nah, fuck that," Shawn replied coldly, now standing in front of Rick. "It is what it is."

"Yo, I ain't mean for shit to go down like that b," Rick said truthfully. "Some shit came up with my girl and I lost track of time. I know it's my fault and I'm sorry."

Chuckling at Rick's half ass apology, Shawn took a step closer, causing Rick to eye him with uncertainty.

Moni ran placed both her hands on the side of her face, swallowing hard as she watched the two.

"So fucking yo' girl more important than being there for me in a situation where I could've been killed?" Shawn questioned, looking him up and down with resentment.
"You don't even like the bitch like that."

"Don't talk about my girl bruh," Rick threatened. "G shit, don't fucking do it."

"I don't give a fuck my nigga. I really don't."

"You right, you don't give a fuck about anything. You don't even give a fuck about Harmony, your girl, even yourself."

"Nigga, I do give a fuck about them two. They're my life. What is yo' dumbass saying?"

"What my dumbass is saying," Rick mocked before continuing. "Is that if you gave a fuck about yo' girl, you wouldn't be doing the shit you doing now and would move the fuck on."

Shawn was so close to smacking the fuck out of Rick. Scrunching his eyes in confusion he replied to him. "Pause, but wasn't yo' sorry ass the one who put me back on?"

"Yeah, but I'm regretting that shit B. You letting it get to yo' head and changing you now. It wasn't as bad as before, but this? It's a whole new problem."

"Then don't fuckin' complain if you was the one who introduced me to the shit. But guess what?" Shawn then stepped even closer to Rick. "You don't gotta worry about me anymore or what the fuck I do, we ain't homeboys anymore g."

Moni dropped her mouth in disbelief. Shawn was blowing the situation way out of proportion.

"It don't gotta be like that," Rick assured him. "But, if you feel like it's best, go on ahead."

"It doesn't have to be like this," Moni whimpered, burying her face in her hands. "Y'all been thr-"

"Bitch, shut up," Shawn sneered, cutting her off. "I don't want anything to do with this nigga no more. Understand?"

"Don't talk to her like that bruh," Rick snapped, mushing Shawn in the forehead with his index finger. "Someone needa to serve yo' punk ass and teach you how to speak to women."

Shawn shoved Rick, causing him to fall into one of the hospital chairs. "Don't fuckin' touch me nigga."

Springing up from the chair, Rick quickly lunged at Shawn, attempting to punch him but missed. The altercation escalated into a shoving match.

Moni jumped up from her seat and walked over to the two who were scuffling.

She placed one hand on Shawn's shoulder and the other hand on Rick's, trying to pry them away from each other.

"Stop! Guys stop!" Moni yelled, but her pleas fell on deaf ears. "Stop guys stop!"

The sounds of the scuffle and Moni's yells caused Harmony to immediately burst into crying, which directed the attention of a nearby nurse.

"Hey!" The nurse shouted angrily, with a scowl on her face. Shawn and Rick instantly pulled away from each other, both breathing deeply. "Fighting isn't tolerated in this facility, I'm going to ask you two gentlemen to leave."

Just as Rick started for the door, Shawn grabbed a pair of crutches that were next to his bed and slipped his slides on.

"I don't need this place anyways," he snapped, making his way towards the door. He then looked over at Moni who was consoling Harmony and snapped his finger at her, signaling her to follow him.

Placing Harmony back into her car seat, Moni began to grab all of their belongings. Once she was finished packing, she walked over to where Shawn was waiting. Before she left, she turned around and discreetly mouthed the words "I'm sorry" to Rick. He nodded his head respectfully and watched as she disappeared.

~~

    Shawn sat bitterly in his recliner with one leg propped up. As he took a sip from his beer, he began to reminisce about the situation involving him and Rick. Although it's been 3 weeks since it happened, he couldn't stop thinking about it. He felt himself succumbing to the consequences of the streets. He already lost two of his closest friends and now, he was slowly losing his girl.

    After the hospital incident, Shawn apologized to Moni for degrading her and calling her out her name. She accepted his apology, but deep down, he knows that she didn't accept it with all of her heart.

    As he picked up the remote and began flipping through the channels, Moni walked in, cradling Harmony who was fast asleep.

    Shawn turned to her, licking his lips. "Hey babygirl."

    Moni couldn't help but smile a little bit. Even if they weren't on good terms, his words always seemed to tug at her heart strings.

    "Hey," she replied softly as she took a seat on the couch.

    He then looked at Harmony who was fast asleep in her arms. She was now a month old and getting chubbier. Her plump brown cheeks rose and fall as she slept.

    "Look at my baby," Shawn cooed, turning his body around slightly with outstretched arms. "Let me take her from you."

    "Fine," Moni said as she gently passed her over to him. She then sat back in the couch and relaxed herself. Pushing a strand of curly hair from her face, she looked over at Shawn, who was cradling Harmony protectively.

    Seconds later, Shawn's phone vibrated several times in his pants. With one hand, he dug into his pockets, pulling his cellphone out.
Without looking at the caller ID, he pressed the answer button on his phone. Moni discreetly watched as he took the call, taking in every word and body movement.

    After a couple of short answers, Shawn hung the phone up and directed his attention back to the TV.

    "Who was that?" Moni questioned.

    Shrugging his shoulders, Shawn replied to her. "It was some type of customer survey."

    Moni raised a brow, not feeding into his lie. "Are you sure?" She probed.

    "Yes baby, I'm sure," he said, rolling his eyes in annoyance.

    Moni shook her head as she got up from the couch and walked upstairs. "Mhm."

    Once she was out of the room, Shawn quickly picked his phone up and sent a couple of text messages to Boss, letting him know that he was coming down to his den in a couple of hours.