2 ☼

"What was y'all talking about?" Moni asked, looking at Shawn as he undressed himself into a wife beater and some boxers.

"Nothing important bae," he answered, getting into the bed next to her. He pulled the covers over his body, hoping sleep would take over him, but Moni wasn't going to let it happen.

She pulled the covers off his face and leaned closely into it playfully. He laughed at her. "Bae, are you sure?"

He nodded his head. "Yes, I'm sure baby."

She continued to probe him. "Are you sure?"

He grabbed her wrist and pulled her on him, so she was laying sideways on his body. Shawn then kissed her forehead then her nose. "Yes girl."

"Mhmmm," Moni hummed placing her hand over his beating heart.

    Shawn couldn't tell Moni that Rick talked to him about going back into the game. She would lose her mind and probably leave his ass. He didn't want to lose the family that was beginning to develop.

    He grabbed her hand and kissed her finger tips, then her nose. "Damn, you can't trust yo' husband?"

    Moni frowned. "I can trust him, but he be doing some crazy ass shit."

    Shawn laughed out loud and rubbed his hand down his face. "I don't be doing that shit no more, so you ain't gotta worry."

    She smiled then kissed his lips before laying back down in the bed. Moni placed her hand on her belly and began rubbing it. Feeling a powerful kick, she grunted then winced.

    Shawn looked over at her with concern. "Bae, you straight?"

    "Uh-huh, it's just that Harmony ass ready to come out," She chuckled, looking down at her stomach.

    "She gone have my feautures."

    Moni frowned. "Shut up, she gone have my features."

    "Bae, you buggin'," Shawn said sleepily. Soon after, a yawn escaped his lips, indicating that he was tired.

    "Bae, go to sleep," Moni told him as she readjusted herself in the bed. She grabbed the covers from the foot of the bed and placed it over them.

    Turning around so he was facing her back, Shawn snaked his arms around Moni and pulled her closer into him, inhaling her coconut scent. Around her, he had clarity. He closed his eyes and let the sleep consume his body.

~~

    The alarm clock that was on the nightstand woke Shawn up from his sleep. Groaning, he looked over at the clock and stared at it until he gained focus. Sucking his teeth, he lazily got up from the bed. It was 8 A.M.

    He hated that he was a nine to five nigga now, but it was a job that was safe for the sake of his family and putting food on the table.

    Shawn walked into the bathroom, closing the door behind him. He stripped out of all his clothes and walked into the shower. Closing the door behind him, he turned on the water until it turned hot. As the water ran down his body, he felt relaxed and content.

He looked down at his dick that was semi hard and leaned his head back against the shower wall. He hadn't had some play in a long time. He thought back to the time when Moni and him first had sex. It was a night that he'd never forget. All he knew was that as soon as his baby girl came out, Moni was going to please his urges.

He began to clean himself off. After 10 minutes, he turned the water off and stepped out of the shower.

    Grabbing a nearby towel, he wrapped it around his waist and walked over to the sink to brush his teeth. When he was finished, he stepped out of the bathroom and into the bedroom.

    After drying himself off, Shawn dressed himself in a pair of black slacks and a light blue dress shirt. He slipped on a pair of socks, followed by his dress shoes and then looked at his appearance in the body length mirror. Never would he have thought to be dressing like this.

    He grabbed his keys off the dresser and looked over at Moni, who was still sleeping in the bed. He walked over to her side and planted a kiss on her lips, causing her to stir in her sleep.

    "I love you baby, I'll be back later," he whispered, exiting the room.

Shawn walked out of the house and towards his Mustang. Unlocking the doors, he slid into the drivers seat and started it up. He then began to back out of the driveway and on to the direction of his job.

Within 20 minutes he arrived at work. Parking his car in one of the employee parking spaces, he hopped out and locked the door, strutting to the building.

"Mr. Carter," his supervisor began to say as she looked him up and down. "You're a little late."

    Shawn sucked his teeth and dismissed her with the wave of his hand. "By a minute."

    "I'll let it slide this time," she said, licking her lips as he walked past her and into his office. Ever since he started the job, she's been on him. She thought that he was sexy as hell and knew he used to be in the streets. She found it attractive.

    Being in her late twenties, she was still youthful. His supervisor was a mixed lady with long, silky brown hair. She stood at 5'6 with hazel eyes and 36D breasts. Her waistline was small, but she didn't really have much ass. Her face made up for it, making her the most beautiful woman in the office. She was destined to have Shawn.

    Shawn took a seat in his chair and logged onto his computer to start his daily task. He glanced at the clock and saw that it was now 9:05. Sighing, he directed his attention back to his computer screen, knowing that it was going to be a long day.

~~

The time moved quicker than it did any other day. Shawn had 30 minutes left until he had to leave, so he was wrapping his work up.

"Mr. Carter," his supervisor called out, causing him to look up from the screen his eyes were glued on. She had a white envelop in her hands.

"Yes?" He asked, slightly annoyed. She was calling his name all day, most of the time, for no reason.

"Here's your bi-weekly pay," she said with a slight smirk, extending her hand out to him with the check.

He grabbed the check from her and stuffed it into his pocket. "Thanks."

"You're welcome," she said lowly, looking at him with lust in her eyes. She bit down on her bottom lip, twirling her hair around her finger.

Shawn looked at her in confusion before directing his attention back to his computer screen. Still feeling her presence there after a minute or two, he looked up at her with a disturbed look on his face.

"Courtney, what do you what?"

She leaned forward then rubbed her hand up and down his arm. "I want to have my way with you."

He jerked from her touch then sized her. "That's not going to happen, you can leave now."

Frowning, Courtney folded her arms under her big breasts. "Don't you want a promotion?"

As much as Shawn wanted the promotion, he wasn't going to sleep with this bitch. That's the last thing that he would ever do. He was going to work hard for it.

He chuckled dryly before responding to her. "I'm good on that, you could keep yo' promotion."

Embarrassed that he wouldn't give in, she turned around and walked away, shouting over her shoulder. "You'll give in soon!"

Shawn shook his head then looked at his watch. Time to go. He logged off his computer then got up from his desk. He then locked his office's door and walked out of the building without acknowledging anybody.

Once he was in his Mustang, he pulled out the check from his pocket and opened it up. At the bottom, there was an amount of $865.71.

"The fuck," he mumbled under his breath as he ignited the engine and began pulling out of the parking spot. It was a substantial amount, but he felt as if it wasn't enough.

He really needed that promotion, but sleeping with Courtney wasn't going to cut it. He knew he had to do something sooner or later.