Chapter 10: Let us take a break

Your P.O.V

Finally after a few hours Michael is done teaching for the day. Only three more days of practice before the contest this Friday. And you were really nervous about it.

"Hey (y/n)!" Michael says to you as he rushes over to you to the bleachers. "I'm done!"

"I can see that Michael," you say to him as you give him a smile.

"I think they're doing a pretty good job! Looks like your brother knew who to pick for the dance," Michael says to you. "I won't be even surprised in the slightest that they get second place."

"Second place?" You say to him. "Why not first place?"

"Well obviously they're going to get second place," Michael says to you. "Cause you and me girl are going to get first place!"

You and him then giggle at his comment. He's really confident about the dance he prepared for the both of you. But you on the other hand...wasn't.

"Are you sure you got everything covered for the dance?" You say to Michael. "I mean today is a Monday and I'm going back to school which means that I won't have time to practice. But then again I'm just going to follow you just like you said. But then you have to teach these teens their dance for the show and so I'm worried that you-"

"(Y/n)," Michael responds as he puts his hands on your shoulders to calm you down a bit. "Breathe."

You breathe in...and then breathe back out again. You feel less stressed now.

"There you go," Michael says to you. "Now trust me (y/n)... I got this covered. Don't you worry about a thing."

"But-," Michael cuts you off as he puts his finger to your lips. Making you blush a little.

"Believe me (y/n) I'm a little stressed too," Michael says to you. "But it's nothing to get worked up about. Now let's go to your apartment and chill. I promise these few days will go by really quickly."

And they did.

Soon school for you went by like nothing. You did your homework after school everyday as usual and Michael went to be the teens usual choreographer like always. Now today currently it was Thursday and tomorrow was the contest...and the homecoming event for your baby brother. Right now it was ten minutes after rehearsal and you and Michael were walking over to your car.

Until he stopped you before you entered your car.

"(Y/n) wait," Michael says to you.

"Yeah?" You say to him. "What's up?"

"I know you've been stressed recently," Michael says to you.

"No kidding..." You reply to him.

"So...why not take a break before tomorrow?" Michael asks you.

"I don't know Michael..." You say to him.

"Please (y/n)," he says to you. "It's not like you have anything better to do. So let us take a break."

You stand there thinking for a few seconds about Michael's offer. Finally you breathe out and relax, and smile at him.

"Okay...I guess I can take a break," You say to him.

"Atta girl!" Michael says to you as he opens the car door for you. "Come on, I know where to go."

You get into your car and start the engine as Michael gets in it too. You then look at him and wait for him to give you directions. 

"Take a left here and go straight onto the highway," Michael says to you as you follow.

You soon drive onto the highway puzzled about where Michael is directing you. And what was even more puzzling was that Michael knows where he's going. Like as... if he still remembers some places here in Los Angeles ever since he died.