Chapter 22: Flashbacks

Get ready for a bunch of P.O.V's

Michael's P.O.V

Was that who I thought it was?

I stood up from where I was and looked at where I last saw her... If my eyes weren't lying to me then I just saw (y/n) getting captured by something big and white...

"(Y-Y/n)? (Y/n)!" I say out loud.

I get up from the ground and start dashing towards her. Completely forgetting about Carlotta.

I can't let her go! Not again!

I ran into the woods and pushed away thick branches and leaves. I kept getting scratch marks all over myself and even started to bleed a little.

But it was all worth it... As long as I get to see her again it will be all worth it.

I mean I haven't come this far for nothing. And I'm certainly not going to stop now.

As I keep on running a see a glimpse of a white tail up ahead with spots. Whatever it was I knew it had (Y/n) and I needed to get to it fast.

But with how fast that thing is running... There was no way I could approach it... Unless...

Unless I turn into something that can catch up to it. I know Shadow is gone now... But whatever powers he had have gotten transferred into me. So maybe...

I can turn into a panther once again.

Okay (y/n), I'm going to have to stop for a little bit. But I swear I will catch up to that monster and save you.

I stop running and look up ahead seeing the white figure run farther and farther away from me. I take a feel breath and prepare myself to change... Even though I don't exactly know how without Shadow.

I decide to go down on my knees thinking it would be easier for me to transform. And I try to concentrate but after a few seconds I feel completely hopeless...

God damn it! Come on! I need to catch up! I need to save her before that bastard does something terrible to her!!!

But once again nothing happened.

"Agh! Why don't I-"

Suddenly I felt a really bad feeling in my stomach. And I hunched over in pain.

But also...

I felt my eyes change color.

Finally...

In a sudden moment I felt the most pain I have ever felt. My bones literally shifted and my skull took a new form. But while all of that was happening a cloud of black and blue smoke started to surround me like if I was in the eye of a tornado.

But I also felt getting stronger.

And angrier.

Angry that I couldn't have saved (y/n) in time. Angry at why I was brought back to life in the first place. Angry at Nathan for kidnapping her.

Angry at myself for not confessing to her in time...

But all of that is going to change... And that's a promise.

As I continued to transform I felt tufts of fur growing all over my body. And I started growing a snout.

A few seconds later though, everything stopped.

And I was no longer in my human form. I was now a panther. Just like Shadow. And it was time that I caught up to that monster.

I let out a tremendous growl into the air that could shatter the ears of 100 beings. I then glared up ahead and ran.