Chapter 30 (Sherlock's POV)

Tap tap! Interrupts the sound of the banging door. "Mrs Hudson!" I call loudly and set my violin aside. Is it John? Has he finally come to see me? Muffled voices and chattering can be heard from downstairs as Mrs Hudson greets the guest. It's Lestrade as I can tell by the sound of his walking pace and the deep bellow of his voice. He comes trudging up the creaky stairs and bursts through the door looking like he's just ran a marathon. "Have you been doing a spot of exercising George?" I ask sarcastically and he rolls his eyes. "Greg! And no, I've seen your daughter!" He informs me, a look of urgency and surprise over his face. He saw her? My actual daughter? My face brightens up. John, maybe he'll forgive me! "Really? Where? Tell me now! Have you got her?" I ask urgently but my smile fades as I watch Lestrade look at me sympathetically. No... He sighs, ashamed. "Sorry Sherlock...I, oh God. It's a long story. I need you to come with me." Lestrade demands. "Where?"
"Hamleys. It's where I saw her."
"Alright."
"Wait, Where's John?" My heart shatters and I give him 'the look'. "Gone." I say quietly. "Oh, where?"
"To Mycroft's."
"Right, can you tell him to come here."
"I'll try." I sigh as I reach for my phone.

John, Lestrade's seen Rosie. We need you, please come immediately. SH.

"He won't reply." I state, pain visible in my aching voice. "Alright, I'll give him a call." Says Lestrade and he grabs his phone, dialling John's number. "Hello John-I saw your daughter-I know-I saw her in Hamleys-please come to Baker Street immediately-yeah, thanks," he ends the call and turns to face me, "He's on his way."

John has barley paid attention to my existence since he arrived. We're in the police car on the way to Hamleys and John and Greg are in the front discussing Rosie. So far, Greg hasn't questioned my issues with John. "We've got security footage of the incident. You'll see what I did." Says Lestrade. "When did you see her?" Questions John. "Around 5 hours ago, by the looks of it she may have been alone. However, when I spoke to her she was absolutely terrified and ran away in fright. She didn't remember me..."
"What do you mean?"
"I don't know..."
"Are you even sure it was her?"
"Yes, I'm sure! You'll see it on the security footage. Those emerald eyes and strawberry blonde hair, it was definitely her." Lestrade reassures John and mostly himself. "Right, we're here."

We're in the office beside the store manager reviewing the security footage. Lestrade is right. It is Rosie and she's in the company of a certain someone...what is he doing with her? Moriarty is browsing isles with her as she is talking about wanting a violin. Bit of an odd place to go really. Rosie proceeds to find a store clerk but ends up finding the correct isle. She's disappointed at their range, after all, it's all for toddlers. Then this is when Lestrade stops her and calls out in surprise. Rosie looks absolutely terrified and recoils back in fright, yelling fearfully at Lestrade. In all his efforts to comfort her, he fails and she makes an escape for the stairs and Lestrade follows after. "That's it." Lestrade says as he pauses the footage. "Did you not catch her then?" John says hopelessly. "...no. I lost her, she was too fast." He says sadly, ashamed that he was outrun by a 12 year old. John remains silent, not making a sound. "Wait. Locate Moriarty on the cameras after Rosie leaves." I instruct and Lestrade skips through clips of footage. "Here, we did get a few recordings." He tells me. The footage of Moriarty plays and we all watch him stroll casually around the store, hands in pockets, eyes fixed on the floor. That is when he looks up straight into the camera and smiles menacingly, eyes flaming with villainy. He knows exactly what he's doing, looking forward to us watching back upon the footage. Moriarty continues walking around aimlessly, waiting, until he surprises Rosie. She reflexes in fright and makes a swing for his face but he grabs her arm just in time before he is hit. Oh, how I would have loved for her to succeed. Rosie realises that it's Moriarty and she speaks in panic about encountering Lestrade. Taking her by the shoulder, he leads her away and they leave together. Why is she trusting him? Surely she should be terrified? Unless... "What the bloody hell..." Is all John has to say as he looks at it in disgust. "What is she doing? That's one of the most dangerous criminals in the world for Christ's sakes!" He yells in shock at Rosie's actions. "More like why is she doing it John. Moriarty's done something to her, I know it." I tell him, my fists clenching into a tight hold as I feel the anger surging upwards. Then I spot something out of the corner of my eye, another screen with Moriarty. "Wait." I say and I peer closer to the screen and watch Moriarty skulking around. He slips down the stationary isle, a joyous spring in his step, and reaches for a pen. Then he rips a page from one of the binders and begins writing. James prances over to another shelf, dancing around, and slips the paper into a book labelled 'Mothers' Nursery Rhymes'. "I need to go to that isle." I say as I get up and leave the office, Lestrade and John following behind.

"Here." I say as I direct Lestrade and John into the stationary isle. Scanning every shelf, I find the book tucked behind a few binders. As soon as I pick the nursery book up, the paper Moriarty wrote on flutters out and falls to the ground. I pick it up in an instant and unfold the paper beginning to read.

Kill, kill, kill  your dad,
Gently does it now,
Happily, happily, happily, happily,
life is but a game.