Chapter 2 (Rosie's POV)

"Good evening Rosie." Mycroft greets me from the bottom of the stairs as he gestures for me to take his umbrella. "Good evening uncle. How's the diet going?" I ask giving my best sweet smile. "Tremendous." He replies sarcastically as he rolls his eyes. Mycroft reluctantly opens the door as I follow in behind into Sherlock's de-cluttered flat. I'm guessing Mrs Hudson has been at it again. Sherlock is sat upright on his leather chair fiddling with his violin strings in an irritable manner. "Hello Brother mine. I hope this is quick as I have some important matters to attend to." Mycroft says impatiently as he brushes the couch for any dirt and sits down. I sit down in my fathers empty chair watching the two brothers glare menacingly at each other. Taking their stupid issues aside, I think of when Dad will be back, his shift will be over soon. "Don't worry brother dear. Rosie picked out a rather peculiar case for me." Sherlock says grabbing his laptop and flipping it open. Mycroft gives me a questionable look and I shift my eyes over to Sherlock. He continues to read the email from Sylvia as Mycroft listens, looking rather uncomfortable. "So," Sherlock says looking up and giving his brother a huge smile, "is your relationship with Lady Smallwood over or are you starting to pester people about the government?"
Mycroft sighs, "Sylvia Wellsbrough was a former agent for the MI5. Whilst on one of her missions, she attained private information to do with the government. Information that should not be spoken under any circumstances and which could lead to the downfall of our nation. I need you to get it back now." Mycroft explains apprehensively. There is a long silence and only the sound of Sherlock's gears can be heard. "We'll take it." He says crushing the silence that rings throughout the flat.

Looks like this Friday myself, Sherlock and John are visiting the Old Wellington pub to speak to Sylvia Wellsbrough. Sherlock has explained everything to Dad and he seems pretty shocked about the situation. I mean, why wouldn't he? If this information is leaked, it could be the downfall of the Nation. I wonder what information could be so powerful. Dad comes walking into the room wearing his cream woolly jumper and a casual pair of denim jeans. "Hello darling." He greets me, beaming as we embrace each other. Wrapping his arms tightly around me he says, "How did the maths homework go?"
"Fine, it was really easy." I admit. "Easy  huh?," He let's go of me, "I was thinking about signing you up to the maths tutor at your school. How does that sound?" His eyes fix onto mine. "Brilliant. It needs to be challenging though." I smile. "Yes, alright then. I'll get you signed up." At this moment, Sherlock strolls in and upon noticing us, brightens up. "Hello John." He takes Dad's arm and pulls him into a romantic kiss, holding his face in his large hands. They linger for a few moments, embracing each other's warmth until they let go. Sherlock walks over to me, bending down slightly and giving me a short hug, finishing with a small kiss on my head. The hug feels me with joy, I think Sherlock is feeling sentimental today. Dad watches, staring lovingly at us both. "I love you both." He says. "Me too." Me and Sherlock chant and we all let out a laugh.

My alarm blares out through my ears as I grunt, reluctantly tapping stop on my phone. It's is currently 6:30 am on a Monday. Using all my strength, I heave myself out of bed and start to change into my school uniform with my eyes half open. After cleaning my teeth and brushing my knotty hair, I enter the kitchen where Sherlock is sitting once again, tapping away at his laptop. Beside him is a plate of slightly burnt toast with a golden stroke of butter covering the pieces. "Morning Rosie. I made you some toast." He says awkwardly pointing over to the plate. "Oh, thanks Sherlock." I giggle as he smiles, winking at me. "Have a nice day."
"Will do." I reply, stuffing the toast in my mouth. Hurriedly, I get my shoes on and swing my heavy bag over my shoulders. "Have a wonderful day darling. I sorted out your maths tutor, you should be meeting them today." Dad says giving me one final kiss. "Thanks Dad, I look forward to it." With that I open the door and rush down the stairs out the flat.