Chapter 1

Lauren POV

I walked down the hall in search for my friend, Normani.

"Laur!" A very familiar person yelled.

I turned myself around recognizing Normani. I opened my arms and pulled her in for a hug.

"Good Morning!"

"Sup?" I replied unsure of why she's so happy. "Why are you so jumpy?"

"My friend I met in Orlando is transferring here in Miami! I would love you to meet her."

"Oh gosh, is this another set up, Mani? Just because I'm into women doesn't mean you can just keep setting me up, you know? I can do this on my own." I let out a chuckle.

"Stop acting so cocky. Cute but stop! haha, but seriously I'm just trying to help her settle in."

Our conversation was bombarded by books rumbling down the floor.

"FUCK!"

Normani and I turned the direction the noise came from.

"Omg Mila!"

"Normani! I didn't expect to see you this soon!"

"Haha well let me help you there."

I let out a small cough to catch Normani's attention.

"Oh I'm sorry! Camila this is Lauren, Lauren this is Camila."

I made direct eye contact and wow her eyes...her eyes were like a deep chocolate color. Her brunette hair moved hastily along the breeze coming from the open doors, dark red shaded lips. She looked gorgeous.

"Uhmm Lauren, my hand."

"Im sorry Camila." Well that was embarrassing....

From the corner of my eye Normani had a smile from ear to ear, like she knew something. I know that look of hers... Made me question what she was thinking about.

"Come on were going to be late for first period."

The three of us walked on our way to first period,Biology. All of a sudden, I felt someone grip my wrist.

"Lauren! Babe!"

I contorted myself to face where the voice came from.

"So about last night? We never finished what we started?" A sly grin was planted onto her face.

"Miranda, I don't like you, nothing happened."

On a flash, her lips met mine and I pushed back. Normani triggered a sense of disgust and pulled Miranda away from me.

"Let's go!"

Normani and Camila quickly followed me. We got into class and couldn't help myself but notice Camila feeling out of place. I embraced her making sure she felt secure.

"I'm right here if you ever need something," whispering into her ear.

She nodded looking nervous.

Normani tapped my shoulder and passed a piece of paper.

"Read it."

You like her. Don't you?