chapter 49

"[Just so you know; other than Mallow, I have already met the rest of my daughter's friends. Although, I only met them through a videophone face to face. I would like to make an exception with you; how would you say that you and me meet over tea and cookies?]"

Ash, being the gentleman that he was proclaimed to be, accepted. "[Uh...Sure, sounds good. When should we met? It's your choice, I heard that you're quite the busy woman.]"

Lusamine giggled at the truthful fact, she does a very busy schedule. "[I'll tell you at a later date. Speaking of 'date', you better bring my daughter before 10 PM, young man.]"

"[WHAT! HOW DID YOU-!?]"

"I'm sorry, Ash." Lillie spoke for the first time since he called. "But I accidentally spilled our secret."

Ash grunted. He was hoping their secret would have be kept safe by just only Mallow, but it seems Lillie's mother has already found out. The only hope for him now is that his own mother does not find out or else he will be in an embarrassing situation with his mom. That will be too much for the experienced trainer. As much as he loves his mom, she can be a bit over the top.

"[Well goodnight, dear!]" Lusamine bid her goodbye for now. "[Have fun on your date. Just don't have too much fun. Although...I am getting a little old and having grandchildren in 9 months sounds nice right now.]"

Ash was at a lost for words, however Lillie wasn't.

"Mother!"

At the Aether Foundation

"I can't believe you practically gave them permission to, to, to." Gladion tried to say, but he grunted at the image of his sister consummating with this Ash Ketchum. He has half the mind right now to fly over to Melemele Island, hunt down Ash, and... Well that is his business and his business alone. What is stopping him is that he is quite afraid of what his mother would do to him.

Lusamine may be a caring mother, but when her children are miss behaving, she really knows the perfect punishment.

The son was once again sitting on the chair in front of his mother's desk. The mother snapped her flip phone close before banging on her desk, laughing at the embarrassed yell from her daughter.

"Hehehe," Lusamine chuckled out every once of her fun before clearing her throat. She straighten and fix herself before saying, "Just wanted to get back at Lillie."

She is certain her daughter will do no such thing. After all, she did have 'the talk' with her daughter once she reached puberty and told her not to do anything serious until she marries the love of her life.

"For what?" Gladion asked in curiosity.

"For not telling me about her love life."

"You forbidden me to not interfere with her relationship, yet there you were being in the middle of it." Gladion complained.

"No, I was 'helping'." Lusamine stretched the last word. She notices her son's glare sharpened. She decided to talk about a different subject. "How is your search?"

"Not good so far, mother." Gladion answered. "Today, I've looked in every populated area on Melemele Island, but I have not seen any Rockets roaming around."

"That can mean this Rocket group are not hiding in the city. They must be in the forest." Lusamine deduced, which did not sit with her. She would have preferred this criminal group to be Hau'oli city rather than being close to Pokémon. "I'll have some workers help you."

"Understood."