chapter 30

Ash took the napkins from her, "Don't be, I understand." He told her as he wipe liquid of his face. He definitely needs a change of clothes, he will when he gets back to Kukui's home.

While he was doing that, Mallow took the time to ask, "Lillie really wanted to go on a date with you?"

"That's what she asked for."

"And you're going through with it?"

"I promised I'd do anything for her forgiveness," Ash stated with a determined voice, "If she wants to go on a date, she'll get one...but..."

"What?"

"I...never went on a date." Ash admitted

"Pfft, obviously." Mallow stated bluntly.

Ash knew that his facade of a dense male really made a lot people think of him as a really dense male and he made no exception to keep his facade up in this new region. Even though he had years of suppressing his urges, he still has a tough time especially in a region where it so hot that females wear short or thin clothing to beat the heat. He is quite glad that Lillie wears a dress, but clothing like Mallow's he would try his absolute hardest not to.

"And yet, despite acting dense, you're quite a daring boy, Ash."

Ash looks at Mallow with an expression that looks like his secret was found out which appears to have just happened. "...What?"

Mallow smirks, "Don't act like I don't notice you goggling at my goods like right now, Ashy Boy."

"Ashy Boy!? Oh come on! Are you serious!? Why!?" Ash screamed in his head. "Wait..you knew!?" She noticed him staring at her...?

"Yes, but lets talk about that later." Mallow said which made Ash relieved, "You need dating advice, right?"

"Yeah..." Ash trailed with a nervous voice.

"Did you two set up a time?"

"Uh...no, not yet. I told Lillie I'd figured that out and tell her tomorrow." He informs her, "And...I really don't have a plan for our date."

"I see..." Mallow trailed as she went into deep thinking. Tomorrow is Friday, right? When she thought up an idea, she looks back at Ash, "Okay; tomorrow, you'll tell Lillie that the date will be a picnic and it will be on this weekend."

"A picnic? To where?" Even he has been in Alola for quite some time now, he still does not have a layout of the entire island, at least not very known locations. A picnic? Sounds like a good first date for the both of them.

"I'm sure you two can figure that part out," Mallow said with her bright smile. She then stand up from her chair, "Then; after school, come here and I'll help you prepare the food."

Ash's eyes widen. Sure he likes the idea of him providing food for the picnic since he will be the gentleman of the date, but his culinary skills are not that great.

"Ummm..."

Mallow crack a smirk, "Horrible cook?"

Ash nodded with an uneasy smile, "Yeah..."

"Don't worry, I'll fix that." She said with a determined look. She is not just a great chef, but a great teacher of culinary arts as well and she is willing to prove that by teaching a novice like Ash. "Anyway, it's late. Kukui-sensei might be wondering what's taking you so long."

The two students with Ash's Pikachu walk to the front door. Ash turned to Mallow bid his goodnight to her.

"Thanks, Mallow. You're a good, no, great friend." Ash told her before Lillie's face flash in his mind, which reminded of how deep the friendship between these two girls, "Especially to Lillie."

"I know." Mallow said with a smile as she also said her goodnight to him. She watches as he walks out the door, but stop for a sec. "Before you go, one piece of advice."

"What is it?" Ash said with a curious face, which he shared with Pikachu and the Rotomdex.

BAM!

Just like with Misty's magic mallet, Mallow pulled out her ladle from out of nowhere and strikes the top of Ash's head with it.

"Ow!"

"Never leave a girl hanging."

And with that, she slammed her front door in his face