Chapter 37

Adelaide

"Max stop! Where are we going? What about Dominic?" I say while Max is still carrying me bridal style, running through the woods. He puts me down. "Adelaide lets just keep walking okay? Stop asking so many questions" we stop in front of their parked horses. He lifts me by the waist and put me on top of the horse.

When we get to the castle, Alexandra is standing out front and crying. When she sees us she runs toward me. I get down from the horse and hug her. "Are you okay Adelaide? Did they do anything to you?" I shake my head. "I think they broke my fingers" i lift my hand to her and she gasps. They're black and blue. "Come, Adelaide, we will get the healer now," Max says and takes me to a healer in the castle.

That night i slept in Alexandra bed, i dont know if i was scared to sleep alone or afraid of sleeping with Dominic. I saw him cut off a man's head and crushing another's throat. Maybe that was what Alexandra was scared of this morning, she was afraid he would crush my throat. I guess it wasn't rumors when they said the god of war ripped head off bodies as if it were apples. Dominic didn't come back that night.

...

It's been three weeks since Dominic disappeared, no one has heard of him, no one knows if he is dead or alive... I really hope he is okay. Alexandra told me about everything. Sarah, Nathan, his mother. She also told me that he got his name God of war because when he went into war he became a killing machine he killed everything and everyone that got in his way. Even his own soldiers. It had something to do when he got blood on his hands, he lost himself. That is why Max and the soldiers walked away without making a sound. They knew he was gone when he got Nathans blood on his hands.

I am lying in our bed alone as I do every night. I can't stop worrying about Dominic, he may be scary when he is angry but everyone has their flaws. When he isn't angry he is kind, considerate, patient, protective and surprisingly funny.

I miss him... We didn't talk that much but when we did, we had fun, he was sweet, he is everything that I never thought I would get. And now I have lost him. He is broken and I can't help him. I feel my heart breaking into a million pieces for the hundreds time these past three weeks. Tears stream down my face. I'm so sorry Dominic... I cry myself to sleep as I do every night.

"Baby... Adelaide wakes up"I wake up and open my eyes. Dominic? I can't see his face but i know his touch and his voice. "Dominic?" "yeah baby it's me" he whispers and caresses my cheeks. I get up and sit at the edge of my bed. He is on his knees on the floor, and i sit in front of him. He puts his hand on my hips and leans his arms on my thighs.

I caress his arms. "Where have you been? Are you okay?" I say. He gives me a sad smile. "Yeah i am okay, i just needed some time" i nod. I feel like if i talk i am going to break down. I know he is hurting but still, he is saying he is okay. I put my hand on his cheek. He puts his hand over mine and leans his face on it. "How have you been?" He whispers. I gulp, trying to remove the knot in my throat. How have i been? I've missed him, I've been worried about him. I've been scared every night without him. I didn't feel safe without him " I was worried about you," I say.

"you shouldn't have even thought about me, after everything I've done. I'm so sorry Adelaide," he says in a gruff voice. "You didn't do anything, Dominic. You saved me. " he laughed. "It is all my fault Nathan got to you. I knew you weren't with him and yet i choked you" he lays his head on my thighs. "I'm so sorry i failed you Adelaide"I bent down and kissed his head.

He lifts his head and looks me in the eyes. "Adelaide, will you forgive me? Let us start over. I want to love you and i want you to love me too. No more acting cold. I can't promise you to not get angry but i swear i will do my best. I want you to to be happy... I want to be happy" my vision turns blurry. I can feel tears welling in my eyes. "y-yes. I forgive you". I gently hold his head in my hands and place my lips on his. He grabs me by the waist and lay me on the floor with him on top of me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you enjoyed this chapter
Remember to vote and comment
See you in the next chapter