Chapter 16 Shocking Revelation

Começar do início

"Ask him to take all the blame" the manager stated.

"What are you saying?" Puzzled, Joy asked.

"Ask your husband to take all the blame. Ask him to make a public statement that he's the one who started this 'false' reports" desperately, the manager explained which Joy instantly disagreed leading it to a heated argument between them.

Oblivious by the two, the door to the room clicked open with a man slightly opening the door. Having heard everything, the man decided to step in. "I will do it" he said sternly which caught Joy and her manager's attention.

"Great!" The manager responded victoriously. He took his things and left the two to avoid further argument from Joy.

"Honey, you don't have to do that." Joy walked towards her husband to convince him but her husband shook his head "I'm fine. I told you. I will protect you and our daughter until the end." He hugged her tight and whispered. "I love you Joy, remember that."

The next day

Entertainment News Report!

A man claimed to be the man in the picture with actress Joy took all the claims on the malicious report on the said actress.

He stated "I, Yook Sungjae (BtoB) was the one who spread those pictures which lead to false reports of Actress Park Joy. I'm a big fan of hers. I was happy when someone had the chance to take those pictures of me and my daughter with her. I wasn't on my right mind to spread it to think that we look good as a family. For that, I'm truly sorry."

The sudden appearance and claims of the man took the netizens by storm and fired negative comments to Mr. Yook Sungjae for being selfish that lead to almost ruining an actress' image.

News spread fast like a speed of light which also beeped the phone of a high schooler. She took her phone out to check the notification which surprised her.

"Dad? What the..." she blurted in shocked.

"Seulgi! have you seen the..." her friend rushed only to find that Seulgi already saw the news. The two stared at each other with questions in their eyes.

On the pictures taken, Seulgi's face was blurred that made her safe from all the attacks from the netizens and reporters. That's also a reason for Sungjae to be brave enough to show his face to the public because only few knows that she's the father of Seulgi.

After the incident, Seulgi hurriedly went home to ask for an explanation from his father whom she lives with but her father just smiled and answered "because I love your mother. We need to protect her as much as we could, Seulgi. I know one day, you will understand"

The days and months went by peacefully for Joy but for her husband who took all the blame had it rough. The hate on him never stop to the point Joy's fans followed him around and harass him everytime. He was also forced not to live with her only daughter for her protection. Sungjae took all those hardships because he always thought that his love for Joy was stronger than all these challenges but one day, even with a strong mind, Sungjae's health started to decline.

Displaying a strong front and enduring everything since the day of the incident, Sungjae was still a human. It cannot be denied that he was stressed out with all the hate and events that's happening to his life. He can't see Joy and he can't even be with his daughter. He's condition worsen until it lead to his death. Seulgi later on knew that her father was experiencing a serious illness because Sungjae kept it from her.

*End of Flashback*

Her statement made Joy silent. She completely knew were Seulgi's words were coming from.