The Crash ( edited.)

Start from the beginning

"Well..." Frank paused for a moment, "you drive like a maniac all of the time, I wouldn't be surprised." He did have a point but I drove like that because I like it. He knew I liked it but he just believed I was insane, but anyone who races has to be somewhat crazy.

"Okay boys let's get going Benny and Mike are waiting." Joey spoke up, and walked over and slapped the back side of Franks head making me laugh under my breath as joey jumped forward before frank could hit him, losing his balance slightly.

Frank was about the push him back but retreated and just decided to follow him in the car. Joey popped the seat forward so he climbed in the back followed by Frank who pushed the seat back into place and took the passenger. I put the keys into the ignition and started the ignition. Slowly with a slight pause while the engine started she hummed to life, it was a pleasant groan of the car as it sat idling in the garage.

For a moment I sat there just listening to the sound of the engine. Closing my eyes and taking a deep breath for a moment, just holding onto this moment. The feel of being behind the wheel is amazing just sitting and hearing the engine. It's like you and car are both in sync and you both know what you are ready to do. I opened my eyes again and stepped on the peddle slowly creepy out of the garage before turning onto the road. Then I stepped on is faster and bolting out of the neighborhood.

***

We slowly pulled into the parking lot of the abandon old police station. This is where the new racing meet up is, for the next couple of nights at least. Each racer usually had some sort of posy with them. Most of them had two to three guys and four girls. I wasn't much about that life. Girls were like a distraction, they mess with your head during the race. No one needs that.

Especially how dangerous this sport can become, but everyone has their own way to win I guess. I kept trying to look past people if I could find mike or Benny anywhere. I finally spotted Mike waving his arms near the end of the lines. I made the car go a bit faster till I got to the spot and slowly turned and put the car in park. All three of us stepped out of the car.

"It's about time you guys arrived!" Mike shouted from the other side of the car. I closed the door behind me.

"Hey talk to Frank he was the one who was obsessing over the car again because I didn't destroy it!" I said pointed at Frank. Frank gave me a slight glare. All I could do was shrug because it wasn't completely untrue. He stayed silent for a moment before he cleared his throat moving past me bumping my shoulder.

"Oh I'm sorry that I don't always trust fast cars with a crazy racer." Frank protested; waving his hands around to help move his point along. Stepping out of the car next was Joey who hit Frank on the back of the head; for the second time that day.

"Oh calm down Frank we made it hear in one piece didn't we?" Joey spoke pushing slightly to the left and patting the hood on the car before sliding on it and sitting in a relaxed position.

It made Mike cringe at the sight. Mike and I did the paint work on the car. She was pretty beat up and had a od grungy rusty look about her. Very faded brown color, with hints of what used to be left of what the paint actually was. Totally worth all those hour deciding what we wanted her to look like.

I remember it like yesterday too. We wanted our car to look cool originally; we decided to fix her up first before we decided on any paint job. Eventually after months of working we decided we just wanted it simple. We wanted her to have flames beforehand; And be purple ombré to blue. We had no idea what we were thinking then. She looks ten times better the way we have her now. We probably would have been laughed off the track if we had went the original way. In my own thought I heard my name come up in the back and forth bickering between the boys.