17. You Need A Few Sorry's.

I didn't have anything in my car to clean up Rider with.

I felt bad because he literally has blood just coming from every hole in his face. I felt bad, but what was the purpose of that fight? What was the real need for him to go and beat Jay to a pulp? I guess it was kind of my fault for Rider getting hurt though, in a fight you aren't supposed to hesitate. That moment of hesitation is when your opponent has the opportunity to strike you down.

I had Rider type into my phones navigation where his house was. It was about a forty minute drive, he lived probably fifteen minutes away from my house. The drive was quiet but he made an effort to just keep conversation with me. I don't think he knew what he was saying though; his brain was probably thrown around a few times from Jays punches. His visions had to be filled with a few black spots.

I didn't park right in front of what was supposed to be his house. I had to get Riders keys out of his top jacket pocket before I had helped him out of the passengers of my car. We had stumbled a bit on the sidewalk because I think when he fell to his back he was hurt worse than he let on. He was trying to be tough and he didn't want me to have to help him. He wasn't going to get away with being stubborn though. We got ourselves in the door and it was pretty late. I didn't want to wake up his parents, or his sister. If I am remembering right that he has one.

"Okay, here is a chair." I said and I had to navigate my way through the dark.

From the little bit that I could see, the house was pretty modern, there was a lot of wood work incorporated all over. It was also very clean surprisingly. I turned on the light just in the kitchen and Rider and I both flinched at it. He sat in the chair and now seeing him in good light, his cheeks had already bruised and I think his nose and lip stopped bleeding. The small gash in his cheek and eyebrow were coming to a stop. His eyes were blood shot, he looked tired and at any second he seemed to almost be falling over. I kept him steady and I tried to navigate his kitchen.

"The rags are in the drawer on the left next to the sink." Rider spoke and his voice sounded tired, also a bit gravely.

I grabbed a rag from the drawer and I got most of it wet with warm water. I paced around to where Rider was sitting and I pulled a chair in front of him. I started to wipe his face and he would flinch every time I moved somewhere new.

"You don't have to do this. You can go home Grasshopper, I can figure it out." He sounded guilty

"Nope, I'm going to help you. You have had a long day, and you look like you need some help." I said and he winced when I pressed the towel to his lip.

"I'm serious, go home." He said and he pulled my hand away. I had gotten his face half cleaned up. He had a bruise on his cheek that was already a dark pink. I shook my head and I continued to clean his face up, he didn't protest.

"I'm serious. Let me clean up your face." I hit him with the towel, but Rider forced a grin. He pulled off his jacket, groaning. When I finally got all of the blood of his face I could see how dilated they were. How he hasn't passed out; I don't know.

"Grasshopper, I'm a big boy. I can clean myself up and put myself to bed." He spoke but he almost fell over, right before I caught him.

"No you obviously can't. Come on." I said walking in the direction he guided me.

We walked by different rooms and I was being light about myself steps. When we got to his room I had to open the door and guide him to his bed. He didn't sit down he just turned around and gave me a hug. I stood frozen for a second because I wasn't sure why but I wrapped my arms around him. I mean I was the kind of person who loved hugs, so I wasn't going to deny the hug.