2.huh?

Yesterday was interesting.

Now you see, usually on your first day people do have the tendency to be curious who the new kid is. This school has taken it to a whole new level of awkward. Now usually I wouldn't be the kind of person to be bothered by staring, but oh my god no one would leave me alone. It wasn't just the I-will-make-this-casual glance back people will give. Oh no. People would just look at me for whole class periods. I am pretty sure no one who had a class with me yesterday, learned anything.

No one was subtle about it. Everyone wanted me to know that they were staring at me. I have never been a person to have a lot of anxiety, but yesterday brought my anxiety to a new level. The only class I didn't feel awkward in was yearbook. Just because Mike had pulled me aside and made me be his partner. Thank god for that beautiful boy. In that class people still stared, but it was only glances but everyone was also too busy to even bother with who I was. Mike showed me a few tricks and benefits of being on the yearbook squad. He did indeed use the word squad. It made me happy.

Today was my second day of course. This morning I had English; now I love English. I have always been amazing at writing. I write stories for fun sometimes.. I sometimes read stuff off of wattpad.

This is a safe space so none of you can judge me.

This class was mind numbingly boring though. I wanted to die like four times. The teacher has this monotone voice that sounds like someone is on their death bed. I am pretty sure the girl who left the classroom left because she wanted to cry at how sad this teacher was. I don't even remember his name. It was in one ear and out the other.

It was torture.

I was excited for my next class though. Engineering 3. Now I do not seem like the girl who would be interested in car engines, pipes, and learning how to set up an electrical system for a house. Well the engineering I am in only has to do with car engines. When you get Engineering three you get to pick what field you want to enter. I chose cars. Secretly I am a nerd for this stuff.

Originally my father convinced me it was a good idea to know this sort of stuff. So I took him up on his offer and signed up for it. I eventually learned to love it. So I continued on with it, and that made my father weirdly happy. I was excited because I had a small hope there would be girls in this engineering class. In Wisconsin I was like the only girl was interested in engineering.

Not surprising.

I was hoping it would be different here though. Seeing as this school has twice as many students as my last school did, I had a better chance at finding girls with similar interests. Hopefully. I was nearing my classroom; I couldn't help but notice mike heading towards me with an odd look on his face.

"Someone is oddly perky for her second day of school? Are you doing drugs? Kendra I cannot be friends with someone who is an addict! Let me look in your eyes." He dropped his stuff on the ground and to anyone else it would look like he was going in for a kiss with the way he grabbed for my head, but he really just brought my eye really close to his. THIS was really weird.

"Mike stop!" I pushed him away, "I'm not on drugs! I am just really excited for my next class." I said and bounced on my heels.

"What class do you have now?"

"I have engineering three." I said as he popped down and picked his tuff up from the ground quickly. "Please tell me you are in this class period as well? I would hate to be alone and yesterday was awkward as hell. No one would stop looking at me."

"That goes away after about a week. Don't worry about it. No sadly I don't have this class with you. Sorry dearest, wish I did so you weren't alone again. I am actually in engineering four." He shrugged and gave me a pittying look. I huff and held my shoulder low.