The Crash ( edited.)

Start from the beginning

Just then out of the corner of my eye I could see another figure appear in the door way. Turning and looking at them, it was just Frank. Frank I've known for about three years now. He knows everything about an engine. His father was collector of old cars from the 60's, 70's, and 80's. His father was also very wealthy and collected cars from this generation. He knew how to rebuild all kinds of cars, so he taught everything to Frank about every engine. So he pretty much could help us out of any dilemma. He rebuilds all of the engines; he can spot the problem just by looking at the engine without digging into it. He's fixed all of the cars we raced with, and most of the time with no help.

"Frank will you please tell him that we need to get going and he needs to stop keeping his head in the clouds." Joey spoke up folding his arms frustrated. I rolled my eyes at him once again.

"He's actually right Peter if we want to get a good run in before cops start getting suspicious we should head out now. I also want to check your engine again, check your fuel level, tires, breaks-"

"Yes Frank I know the drill we will go over everything when we get there!" I cut him off, "Now let's go since you both are making such a sissy fit over it" I said and pushed them both to the garage door outside.

"If I was a sissy I wouldn't be standing here Peter." Joey spoke up.

"Yes but if you weren't a sissy you wouldn't be making such a big deal about being late like a little sissy would." I said as frank laughed afterward as we walked to the garage door. I could see out of the corner of my eye Joey being ridiculous and throwing a little fit and muttering to himself random things about me being a sissy.

I bent down grabbing the handle on the garage door, gripping it tight and throwing it up to open the garage and revealing the car we had spent so much time rebuilding time and time again for these races. We called her Betty because not did she not just win us a lot of races but Frank also liked the name Betty. So that is now the license plate name.

He decided to make it special by adding fake studs around the edges of the plate also. Joey and I couldn't really fight him on it because he spent to most time on the inside of the car then the rest of us had. Betty was jet black and had green racing stripes running up the hood and the back of the car.

"Just how we left her last night boys, and also are Benny and Mike going to be there?" I asked because we needed Mike for the bet making and racing routes.

"Yeah I know Mike with be there but I'm not quite sure about Benny. You know Benny the best though I figured you would know. If I was to make a guess Benny wouldn't miss any of your races for the world." Frank spoke and scratched the back of his neck.

Yes I did know Benny the best. He was older than me by about 4 years. I met him when I was a rookie here and he took me in, taught me everything I know now. Benny was sort of like a big brother type but he had a big ego and loved money now more than the race. This was also sad because he loved the race, and it was what he lived and breathed until one race he won.

He got huge cash reward and the money just started consuming him after that. It slowly became nothing about the passion of racing anymore for Benny, now all he sees are prizes. He used to race a lot but then he started let other people do it for him. He's never has missed one of my races and we are close he is like a big brother and so it means a lot. Even though he might just try to convince the money out of me, it'd not like I care much for it anyways.

"Thank god my baby is okay." Frank spoke engulfing the front of the car, acting as if she was real in any sense. "I'm glad Peter here didn't break you."

I rolled my eyes walking over and patting him on the back while he still stayed in that position for a moment. "I'm pretty sure this is my baby since I paid for her." I spoke and popping open the door and climbing in side closing the door behind me; cranking open the window so I could still talk to the both of them. "And why on earth would I ever destroy a car that races so well?"