🎄Kenji X Yuri: The Perfect Gift For You

“What do I give Koutei?”

The question pondered in Yuri's head as she walked around the bustling streets of Japan. She had bought perfect gifts for almost everyone, but not Kenji.

He was the hardest to find a gift for.

Even when she was the closest to him, she still didn't know what to give him. She had looked everywhere for the perfect gift. Why she was looking for the best gift? Probably because she liked him.

Looking around the area, Yuri spots a golden crown in a small antique shop that had a sale. Her eyes widened as she immediately rushed in the shop despite carrying the heavy bags which ached her arms.

“Good evening Ma'am, Merry Christmas! What would you like to purchase?” An old woman slowly approached her, however Yuri's eyes were only focused on the crown. The old woman shifted her eyes from Yuri to the crown on a 50% sale.

“Ah, you are interested in the Roman Crown of Love. The story of that crown is one that is everlastingly sweet.” The woman told her, and Yuri became interested once she said “roman”.

“There's a story to this crown?”

“Indeed, Ma'am. It was said long ago that a Roman Emperor wanted a crown so perfect and made differently than other. No blacksmith was able to make this perfect crown, it was marked fairly impossible to make.
Then, a poor young lady offered to create the crown. The Roman King fell in love with the woman immediately, and he accepted this very crown that the woman made. He proposed to her to give her his thanks, and they lived happily until the day they had died. The magic that created this crown was love, as the King cheered her on and treated her kindly.”

“It's said that whoever gives this to their loved one shall be granted a blessing from Venus, the goddess of love. Don't you agree with how beautiful the story was told?”

“I'll be buying this, thank you for telling me that wonderful story!” Yuri faced the woman with a smile, and the old woman returned the smile with one last word of advice.

“May you live happily with the man you'll be giving this to.”

• • •

“Hey guys! Let's open up our presents now!”

Yuri smiled at Kenji as he cheerfully sat next to the gifts under the Christmas tree. Team Ceasar was in Team Asteroid's Christmas Party, along with Team Q4 and Team Dreadnaught.

“All right! I'm pumped to see the gifts you all gave me.” Yelled out the spiky-haired elementary school kid of Q4. Kamui too was seated near the gifts under the tree. Everyone sat near the tree, some holding their hot chocolates and others eying the gifts.

They decided to start from the beginning of the circle (Kamui) to the end of the circle (Yuri). Yuri was nervous to give Kenji his gift, as it was the most precious one of all gifts that she got. What if he didn't like it? What would she do?

The circle moved pretty quickly when giving their presents, and Yuri got a few from her female friends, Asaka gave her a crown necklace spelling out ‘Queen’ while Misaki gave her a book that she's always wanted to read.

Soon, it was her turn.

“Here's a gift for Asaka, Misaki, Gai, and the team gifts for you all.” She handed everyone their gifts, trying to avoid Kenji's nervous gaze.

“And last but not the least, Koutei.” She saw his eyes lit up as she gave him his gift wrapped in a crown designed wrapping paper.

Everyone unwrapped their presents from Yuri, and everyone was satisfied. But, the happiest one of them all was the one who sat next to her.

“Whoa, a Roman Emperor's crown? Awesome! Thank you so much, Yuri!” Kenji yelled out as he wrapped his arms around Yuri. She blushed as everyone eyed them with a smirk and narrowed eyes.

“K—Koutei! Get off me!” She yelled out embarrassed, and the man followed. He then noticed the handwritten letter that came along with the crown. He read it as they teased poor Yuri to death. Suddenly,

“Yuri,” He sternly said, bowing a bit to cover his eyes. The room was silent as they looked at Kenji with a surprised face. He grabbed her hand and led her out to the balcony much to everyone's surprise.

Yuri was the most shocked though.

“K—Koutei? What's wrong? Why did you lead us out her?”

To her surprise, his lips locked hers.

Once they broke of the kiss, Kenji smiled at her.

“Of course, my empress. Thank you for the crown you had given me.”

And in the letter was written,

“This was a hard gift to find, and one that has a wonderful story.

A young Roman Emperor once wanted a crown perfectly made with something special, and a woman granted him that. He fell for her just as how she fell for him. The magic to making that crown was love.

Now doesn't that story sound familiar to you?”

“Will you be mine forever, Yuri Usui?”