Miwa X Akari: Diary

AN: In this one shot, Akari knows how to play Vanguard and she uses Neo Nectar, specifically more on the maidens.

This is the part 2 of ‘Mentor’, I guess

It was a late afternoon, and the school bell had just rung in the halls of Miyuji Academy. Akari stood and stretched her arms out high, before beginning to pack her stuff.

“Hey Akari! Why don't you join us for karaoke tonight? We're going to have so much fun!” A friend approached her seat as she packed her notebooks.

“Sorry! I already have plans!”

“Aw, too bad. Well, see you around I guess!”

Akari apologetically smiled as her friends walked away from her desk. Gathering up all her things in the fastest speed she could, she ran to her friend's card shop. With a smile on her face, she confidently walked in the automatic doors.

“Oh no! I lost!”  She heard the familiar voice of the blonde attending Hitsue High, and a smile crept up on her face as she approached the vanguard table. Miwa lost against Kamui, with 31,000 power and 3 criticals attacking his Vanguard.

“That's alright, Miwa. You did a really good job in the battle, I'm inferring.” She jokingly voiced out with a giggle. Miwa smiled as he straightened his cards with a tap on the table. He faced Kamui to see him giving Miwa a thumbs up.

“So Akari, ready for today's Vanguard training?” Miwa's voice had a hint of challenge and amusement in it, as he faced the greenette with fiery passionate eyes. Akari's expression enlightened with glee.

“I'm ready for anything, bring it on!”

Putting her bag down, she opened her bag to find the deck. Bringing out a few notebooks, she dug in her bag to find her deck. Finally finding her green cardcase, she quickly shoved all her things in her suitcase. However, she failed to notice her small green notebook hidden beneath her bag.

Facing Miwa, she smirked and placed her grade 0 unit on the Vanguard Circle before shuffling her deck.

“Shall we get started?”

“Stand up, Vanguard!”, and the two entered Cray.

• • •

“Thanks for playing with me today, I really enjoyed playing with you.” Akari told the blonde as she kept her deck in her pocket. A small smile was plastered on her face and her eyes soft with sincerity.

In return, Miwa sheepishly smiled and his eyes crinkled. “My pleasure.” He told her as he put his suitcase over his shoulder. Suddenly, Akari's phone ringed and she looked at the notification.

“Shoot, that's right!” She yelled out, much to Misaki's annoyance. The greenette faced Miwa with an apologetic smile.

“I'm sorry Miwa, I have to run. Shall we have a rematch tomorrow?” The blonde nodded, his expression full of glee. After a moment, the girl ran out of the store. Miwa was about to leave when a small green rectangle caught his eye.

He slowly picked it up, and flipped to the first page.

DIARY

PROPERTY OF YOTSUE AKARI

Miwa's eyes widened, realizing that her diary must've fallen when she was looking for her deck. Looking around, she saw Misaki cleaning. It seemed as though there was something on her mind.