Miwa X Akari: Mentor

Like any normal day, Card Capital was packed with customers. However, today was a bit different from the past days.

On the way to Card Capital, a certain greenette felt a bit nervous. It was her first time asking a big favor from Misaki, and she didn't know whether she would accept her request or not. Soon, the girl stood right in front of the shop.

"Calm dowm, Akari. Misaki will definitely accept and teach you." Akari told herself as she built up a bit of courage. She took a deep breath and walked through the automatic doors. Misaki looked up to see who had entered and to her surprise it was her friend.

"Hey Akari, welcome to Card Capital! What brings you here?" Misaki asked with a small smirk implanted on her face. Akari lit up as soon as she saw the lilac-haired girl. Her lips curved into a small smile as she hugged the girl's arm in relief.

"Misaki! Thank goodness you're here! I just really wanted to ask you to help me something, not that you have to..." Akari trailed off as she played with her index fingers. Misaki observed her behaviour and concluded she was nervous. She stayed silent and watched the girl stutter.

"W-Well, I came here because, Um, I-I wanted to learn how to play Vanguard..." Akari mumbled, too soft for Misaki to hear. The lilac-haired girl raised a brow.

"Pardon?" Akari bent down and clasped her hands in a begging position. A few kids turned to look at Akari as she begged.

"PleaseMisakiIreallywanttolearnhowtoplayVanguardsinceyouplayitandsomanyothersdotooandIdontwannafeelleftoutbutIneedsomeonetoteachmealmosteverythingsinceIcantreallyunderstand! Can you please be my Vanguard mentor?" Akari rushed, almost to the point of rapping. Misaki looked at her with a straight face and thought deeply of her answer. She then heaved a sigh.

"I'm sorry, Akari. With the Cardfight Tournament against Hitsue High School coming up, I can't really help you." Misaki told her, feeling a little apologetic. Akari heavily sighed, disappointed.

'Aichi and the others in the Cardfight Club are also busy with other things and they won't be able to help me. I don't know anyone else who's very experienced in playing Vanguard! And I definitely do not trust that Morikawa guy...' She spoke in her mind, as she sulked a little.

Suddenly in such good timing, a certain blonde in the same grade as Misaki and Akari entered the shop along with a certain brunette with a cold demeanor.

"Hey nee-san! What is going on?" Miwa exclaimed much to Misaki's annoyance. A tick formed in the lilac-haired girl's forehead.

"Speak in that tone one more time and you'll stay out for the day." Misaki spoke in a low voice as a demonic purple aura circled around her. Akari and Miwa looked terrified, while Kai looked unfazed.

"I'm sorry!" Miwa ushered out the apology, however Misaki's glare didn't change.

'Geez, I knew Misaki was scary but I didn't know to what extent! Now I know that I shouldn't mess with her...' Akari noted in her head.

Just then, an idea sparked in Misaki's mind. She looked at Miwa (much to his discomfort) with narrowed eyes then at Akari. A smile then formed in her face as she clasped her hands.

"You two haven't met before, if I happen to remember correctly?" The two looked at each other before looking back at Misaki and nodding.

"Well, Akari Yotsue meet Taishi Miwa, Taishi Miwa meet Akari Yotsue." Akari looked at the blue- eyed blonde with a smile.

"It's nice meet you, Miwa-san!" She greeted, her smile not leaving her face. For some reason, Miwa felt his heart grow warmer just from that smile. Brushing the feeling aside, he smiled back.

"Likewise, Yotsue-san!" Misaki smiled at the two, and glanced at Kai to see him smirking. I guess they both were at the same page of thoughts.

"Alright, now that you're done with your introductions I guess I'll explain what you'll be doing together." Misaki paused,thinking of a way to put it. Miwa looked at Misaki with a confused face. The lilac-haired female placed both her hands on the greenette's shoulder.

"Well, Akari here is interested in Vanguard but knows only a bit about the game. Think you can guide her as a mentor, Miwa?" Upon hearing his name, Miwa lit up in excitement. He held Misaki's hands with joy.

"Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Nee-san! I've always dreamed of having a student!" Miwa half-screamed, getting the attention of almost all the customers in the shop. Of course, Miwa got to experience Misaki's wrath which resulted to a red slap mark in his left cheek.

"Ow!"

"You know, you should start teaching your pupil the basics. Maybe by helping her choose her clan?" Misaki suggested. Miwa instantly felt the pain go away from excitement as he borrowed a module for playing Vanguard from Misaki's desk.

"Come on, Yotsue-san! We must waste no time at all!" Miwa dragged Akari to a table and set the module and other materials on the surface. Misaki watched in amusement at how dedicated Miwa was to teaching Akari.

"It's amusing to watch, isn't it? To see Miwa so happy and excited to teach someone all he knows about Vanguard." Misaki looked up at the source to see that Kai was leaning on the counter. She smiled at him as he watched his best friend as well.

"Amusing indeed, I didn't even know that things would end up like this. Now I'm excited for how things will turn out." Misaki glanced at Kai, who was staring at something behind her-no, he was staring at her.

She tilted her head, "Is there something wrong with my face?"

Kai stayed silent as he left Misaki puzzled and sat at his usual seat. She was sure her heart skipped a beat for a second, trying to process things.

Discontinued One shot