Kazuma X Luna: Moonlight

“Grr, why did I have to tag along? Gah, this is so annoying.”

Kazuma grumbled as he moved the collar of his tuxedo around, feeling uncomfortable with it on his neck.

Today was the International Vanguard Ball, inviting all popular players of Vanguard to a private event where they can socialize with each other. Everyone was so excited for this day. The theme had been masquerade, and everyone wore glamorous masks.

Kazuma was not happy though, he never liked socializing with other people. Keeping up a masquerade of politeness was absolutely not his thing, as well as wearing masks. He was dressed in a dark blue polo, black slacks and a white polka-dotted tie, wearing a glinting silver mask. His hair had been pulled back and styled, much to his discomfort.

Kazuma leaned on the railing of the large cement balcony which overlooked the beautiful lake next to the hotel venue. It reflected the shining moon which shun in the night sky. He adored the beauty of the moon very much, and this was one of the days where the moon shone the brightest.

“Beautiful...” He muttered, not taking his eyes off of the moon.

“Isn't it?” Kazuma jumped at the sound of another person in the balcony. The person laughed, and Kazuma knew she was female. He looked back to see a pink swirly-haired girl walking to him with a smile. She seemed familiar yet he couldn't put his finger to it.

“W—Why are you here?” He asked, watching her stand by his side as she gazed upon the midnight moon.

“The party was just too boring for me, what about you?” Her voice held an accent, Kazuma noticed. It was like he's heard it somewhere, was it during a tournament?

Either way, he loved the accent.

“I'm not one for parties, and the moon was in my favor. So, I decided to come out here.” He answered, observing the cat-like color of the girl's eyes. He seemed mesmerized by the girl's beauty, it was oddly unique.

He watched as she shut her eyes and curled her lips, “I guess technically we have the same reasons.”

“Yeah...”

“So, what's your name?”

“Kazuma, Kazuma Shouji. You are?”

The girl's eyes widened as she looked at Kazuma with her bright yellow eyes. He felt strangely at panic when she widened her eyes at him.

“Now I recognize you! You're the guy I fought with in the Under 20 Championships! I'm Luna Yumizuki of Rummy Labrinth, does that ring a bell?”

Kazuma's eyes widened, realizing who she was. It was Luna, the popstar from Rummy Labrinth! How could he not know?

She was also the girl he had a small crush on.

“Well, this is a surprise! I didn't expect you to share the same likings with me, but then again I understand because your name is Luna.” Kazuma joked, a smirk on his face. Luna giggled and averted her gaze back to the moon.

“Maybe, but we can't lie that the moon is relaxing.”

Kazuma hummed and gazed upon the moon. He felt the glimmering shine of the heavenly body touch his body. He hadn't even realized that it was almost time for him to go.

“Oh dear! Am must be looking for me! Sorry Kazuma, I need to run!” Kazuma's peace broke with the realization of then separating. Instead of being sad, he sent her a smile.

“Its about time for me to go too. I won't ever forget this night, Luna. See you around!”

Luna smiled, waving at the teen boy one last time.

“I won't forget this either!”

With that, the two separated with the memories under the moonlight.