Misaki X Kai: Hope

Requested by: YandereMichiSenpai and GilbertGil8

“Stand up, the Vanguard!”

“Solar Maiden, Uzume!”

“Glyme!”

Misaki smiled as she listened to an ongoing fight. She remembered herself being a little girl, playing on one of those tables. She completely cut off her love for Vanguard as it reminded her of her late parents. But when she first saw Aichi's determination in defeating Kai, everything changed.

‘Kai…’ She thought as her smile dropped, turning into a small frown. For a long time, she had been crushing on the brunette, way back when they were still Team Q4. No one knew, but her best friends often shipped the two together. Now that they were college students, she didn't even know if she had a chance or not. She had only realized a few months ago that it was not just a simple crush anymore. She was in love.

However, a certain news article showcased on TV about his team's latest win in Europe broke her heart. In the video, Kai and his team were standing on the stage, holding a golden brass trophy which stood really tall. A woman suddenly went up to Kai, hugging him before smashing her lips onto his. That itself already broke Misaki's heart. Just thinking about it, it made her tear up.

“Um, Misaki? Hello?” A raspy male's voice called out. Misaki looked up to see her black haired, red eyed employee and former teammate. Kamui looked at her concerned, raising a brow.

“Uh, you don't look OK, what's wrong?” Misaki shook her head, wiping the oh-so obvious tears as she refused to tell him what was wrong. Kamui sighed, as if he knew from the very start.

“ Keep hiding the pain you're feeling, and that pain will only grow stronger. So, you're crying about Kai I presume?” Misaki looked at him shocked before looking down upon hearing the name of person she had fallen in love with. The horrible pain intensified within her heart,  and Misaki couldn't bear it anymore. Her fake happy expression dropped and was replaced with that of sorrow.

“I may not be an expert, but I'm sure he didn't mean to kiss that girl. From the looks of it, it was unintentional. I asked him about it too, it was unintentional he swore!” Kamui looked at the lilac-haired girl to see her eyes lit up with hope.

“Oh yeah, he's coming home next week to visit. You should probably come with me to fetch him.” Misaki pondered for a bit before making up her mind.

“I—I guess I'll go.”

“Alright! I'll inform Miwa and Kai about it.”

Somehow, Misaki felt hopeful with this meeting.

°°°°°°°°°

Misaki bit her lip,  fiddled with her fingers,  and shifted uncomfortably. She was at the airport right now, waiting for Kai to come out of his gate. Kamui was somewhere, right beside her,  often comforting her with words.

“It'll be fine, Misaki-san. Don't worry about it.”

“Just hope for the best, it'll just be a misunderstanding.”

“He'll be here soon, his flight has just landed.”

Yep, none of these comforting words helped Misaki whatsoever.

Suddenly, the gate opened and hundreds of people flooded out of the gate. However,  Misaki could only see one person. Her stomach churned,  her head hurt,  her heart sank,  and her mouth and eyes wide in shock. Kai wasn't walking alone, he was with the same girl who was on TV.  The same girl.