Chapter 8

~2 years later~

Raking leaves is so boring. I mean it can be fun but no ones talking. It's like we're not supposed to. Like on the bus. I don't know why but I kinda feel like I'm not allowed to talk if it's all quiet. I don't know why I just do.
"Okay you know what? How 'bout we talk about are day yeah? Cause honestly it's freakin' boring," I told everyone. Johnny glared at me and Lennox gave me an Oh-thank-God look while Quinn just smiled.

"How about no?" Johnny's eyes glared into my soul.
"Geez I was just asking! Don't have to be a dick about it!"
"Well you don't have to be so annoying fucking bitch!"
"WELL EXCUSE YOU!! FU-"
"Guys can you not argue? Please? This way we can get the raking done faster," Lennox purposed.
"Yeah. Lennox's right. We shou-"
"BUTT OUT OF OUR FUCKING CONVERSATION WILL YA?" Johnny yelled.
"YOU CALL THAT A CONVERSATION?! ARE YOU STUPID?!" Lennox retorted.
"YEAH AND DON'T TALK TO LENNOX LIKE THAT!"
"Uh guys?" Quinn asked although none of us payed attention
"I CAN DO WHAT EVER THE HELL I WANT!" And just like that all three of us started arguing at the same time like crazy. Hearing Quinn repeatedly call us. Apparently we all got fed up at the same time.
"WHAT?!" We all yelled simultaneously.
She pointed her right to the woods. I looked and saw two people who look to be around our age. Why are the only people who I've found in the woods so far around my age? Let me guess they have powers too huh?
I leaned over to Lennox. " Len go to the back and get some duct tape and rope then tie them up and make sure they don't scream." He nodded then ran away using his speed obviously. I wonder if he forgot how to run like a normal person. Ten seconds later the two people were tied up back to back and had tape on their mouths to keep them from screaming. Lennox ran back to us.
" Who are we dealing with?" I asked him still looking at the two people.
"Some dude and a girl. They look like they're siblings. And I think the girl's telepathic or something. When I was tying them up I felt like untying them but I ran back before I can do anything." He explained staring the the supposed siblings as well.
I nodded. "Okay I'm gonna go see what's up with them you guys go inside and don't come out. I have telepathy too and I've learned how to block people out. I read one of my dads journals so I learned that way in case." I told them hoping they'd comply. Luckily they did. Without question too. I walked over to the siblings and ripped the tape off.
They both flinched when I did and glared at me. Yup they're siblings. They look a lot alike. Same green eyes and brown hair. They looks like opposite gender versions of each other.
"Sorry if that hurt. I need to ask you guys a few things." They stayed silent. The girl looked as if she was concentrating on me. Most likely trying to force me into submission.
"How's it not working?" She said under her breath.
" Cause I know how to block people like you out."
She looked up at me immediately when she heard me.
"How do you..." She trailed off.
"Why are you here?" I asked not wanting to answer and for precautionary measures.
"What's it to you?" Her brother asked
"I might know what you're looking for. Or who for that matter."
"Oh really?" He questioned raising an eyebrow.
"Yeah really." I narrowed my eyes a little.
"Fine then. Enlighten me."
"You've both got powers and someone told you to come find a cabin or something in the woods. Maybe to find the scientist who lives there?" Both their eyes widened.
"Uh yeah actually."
"That's what I thought." I took the knife that I always have in my boot for safety and cut the rope tying them back to back. They both got up and looked at me. The brother put his hand out.
"I'm Leonardo but everyone calls me Leo. And this is my sister Lizbeth but everyone calls her Liz." I shook his hand and smiled at his sister.
"Hey no offense but I honestly can't believe we're trusting you. I mean we just met and stuff and with the government after us? It's crazy." Liz told me.
"None taken. Besides I can kinda say the same to you. Anyways,I'm Casey." They both smiled at me. Not a huge smile but a smile nonetheless.
"Quick question. Are you guys twins? I don't know you guys just seem so similar. A little too much to be just siblings."
"Uh yeah actually. We are. But I'm 10 minutes older than her." Leo responded nudging Liz in the side. Fed up she hit him on the arm. I chuckled at their goofiness. To be honest I've always wanted a sibling but my mom could never have another one.
"Let's go back to the cabin so you can meet everyone else."
"How many people are there besides you?" Liz questioned.
"Three others. Surprisingly around my age too. They're older but still. It's two guys and another girl. But just a little warning, be careful with Johnny and Quinn. Johnny can be a real dick and Quinn is just...ugh you'll see what she's like."
"I'm guessing you'll introduce us to said Quinn and Johnny?" Leo asked me. I turned around walking backwards to face them.
"Yup I will!" I turn around and knock on the door. "Hey Len it's me Casey! Open the door will ya?" The door swung open a few seconds later. He had a smile on his face and his left hand behind his back.
"What's behind your back?"
"Oh nothing."
"Lennox?!" I say with a threatening tone raising an eyebrow and crossing my arms across my chest.
"Oh you know, just a candle."
"A candle?" I give him an you're-joking-right face and his smile widened.
"Yeah! Look!" He handed me the candle which actually wasn't a candle at all.
"DYNAMITE?! WHERE THE HELL DOD YOU GET DYNAMITE FROM?!"
"From this old mining place that's closed down. Duh." I hang my head low and pinch the bridge of my nose.
"Of course you did. Anyways these are the two people you tied up who were actually looking for us. And yes, they're twins. This is Leonardo or Leo and Lizbeth or Liz." I introduce pointing to them. Their eyes were slightly wide and slowly but surely they waved.
"Hey! I'm Lennox and I see you've already met my BFFFFFFFFFFF Casey!" I made a face and mocked him saying BFFFFFFFFFFF.
"Let's get inside before it gets too cold out." I look around to try to find Johnny and Quinn but to no avail.
"Where's Johnny and Quinn?"
"Johnny went out to the back and Quinn's in her room." I nodded and thanked Lennox. Then I walked to her room. I really don't want to talk to her but if I don't introduce them to her then she'll be really confused and hurt them. I knock on the door and heard her begin to yell what but quickly recovered and told us to come in. Rolling my eyes I open the door and walk into her room. The twins following. "Hey Casey! Who are these two?" Quinn asked with a big smile.
"This is Leonardo and Lizbeth. But just call them Leo and Liz." The twins both gave their hellos and Quinn inhaled a very loud breath as she put on a forced smile.
"Hi! I'm Quinn nice to meet you!"
"Well I'm gonna go introduce them to Johnny now bye!" I said quickly trying to get them and me out of there. I pushed the twins out the door and slammed it shut.
"Oh my God. I really don't like her. Don't tell her anything though." I whispered to them so Quinn wouldn't hear. Not that I care if she does though.
"Does she like you guys and us at all?"
"I don't know Liz, I don't know. But I do know for a fact she doesn't like us. Telepathy or not it's kinda obvious." She nodded and we began walking to the back where Lennox said Johnny was at.
" Oh guys, Johnny's in the basement." Lennox yelled at us just as I put my hand on the door knob.
"Didn't you say he was in the backyard?"
"I did but he went into the basement when you guys were with Quinn."
"Oh."
"Yeah. Oh and sorry for coming off as crazy back there. I had dynamite in case something went wrong. I'm not that crazy." He smiled at us hoping they'd understand. Leo returned the smile and waved his hand dismissing everything.
"It's cool. I'd do the same thing. Well maybe not dynamite but you get the point."
"Yeah I do."
"Well as much as I love listening to you guys talk about how crazy you guys are, we really need to get going." I butt in.
"Yeah you guys should. Well I'll be in the back raking the leaves into one pile. Good luck!" With that, Lennox left.
I puffed my cheeks and let out a breath. I nodded my head toward the way to the basement door and told them to follow me. Opening the door my ears flooded with the sound of someone punching something. Probably Johnny letting his anger out at the punching bag. Walking down the creaky stairs Johnny finally came into view. He was shirtless with sweatpants and his black hair was tied back since he hasn't cut it in a little while. I actually like his hair the way it is now to be honest. Yeah that's honestly the only good thing about him. Considering we'll start making fun of each other or arguing in two minutes flat. But either way we've got each other's backs. We're kinda like frenemies but more enemy than friend.
"What are you doing? And who are they?" Johnny's voice broke me out of my thoughts of our frenemyship. I shook my head and responded with oh so intelligent phrase "wait, what." I looked at Johnny and saw him glaring at me. I put my hands up in defense.
"Anyways this is Leonardo and Lizbeth but just call them Leo and Liz." His glare softened ever so slightly. Leo put his hand out for Johnny to shake. Johnny looked at it then, luckily, he shook it.
"Johnny."
"Nice to meet you." Leo smiled at him and looked towards his sister. That's when I noticed she was staring at his abs. So, like any good friend would do, I coughed and quietly called her name to get her attention. Her head shot up and her cheeks began to turn extremely red when we all caught her. Johnny gave her a weird look and Leo glared at her. I smiled with the slight urge to chuckle a little. She cleared her throat and finally introduced herself.
"I'm Liz." She said in a quiet voice. Johnny looked at her for a second as she hid her face behind her long hair then rolled his eyes. This isn't the first time a girl had stared at him actually. It's happens a lot when I force him to go shopping with me. It's pretty funny cause he hates it. Then the girls glare at me cause they think I'm his girlfriend. Good times.
"I'm gonna go buy new shoes tomorrow wanna come?" I know he'll say no for sure but I'll convince him. Hopefully.
"No."
"Please!"
"No!" I glared at him and it immediately turned into a glaring contest.
"I'll shave your head while you sleep." I threatened with a straight face. He rolled his eyes and finally gave in.
"Fine." I grinned and pumped my fist into the air.
"YEEEESSS!!!!! Oh Leo how 'bout you come with us so you can get to know Johnny a little better."
"Uh yeah sure. But what about Liz."
"You can stay here with Lennox he's pretty cool and he'll probably become your best friend.
"Yeah sure. I need some time away from my brother." She chuckled and averted her gaze away.
"HEY!"
"Sorry but it's true" Liz smiled at his fake offended face.
"Okay then it's settled. Johnny and Leo come with me and Liz stays with Lennox. Awesome. Well I'm gonna go to my room. See you guys tomorrow. Oh and Liz you can room with me and Leo you can go with Lennox." They both nodded and Johnny fixed his hair again. Then I went to my room leaving them. Finally I get new shoes. I've had the same black converse for a year already and they're ripped and super dirty. Let's just hope everyone gets along.

~~~~~~~
Hey guys sorry I haven't updated in forever but now I did and...yeah. Hope you enjoy it and yes twins. And sorry for the time skip. Not really. I just find it better to have them be 16/17 and plus they've bonded more. I'll explain what happened in the past 2 years in later chapters so don't worry. Besides my much happened anyways. Well please comment! And vote too! Well see you later!

*Poof I'm gone*