Chapter 10

I remove my hands from my lips and back away, my eyes darting from person to person. I need to find the boys. Now. I run to the food court to see if they're there but to my dismay, they weren't. Where would they be? I look around and find a Game Stop near by and luckily, I see them inside. I let out a sigh of relief and run to the store.
"Johnny! Leo! We have to go,now!"
"What? Why? What's wrong?"
"I'll tell you later Leo, just c'mon."
I look both ways to see if anyone was trying to find us then I speed walk to a spot that was almost deserted.
"Someone's trying to kill me and they probably want to kill you guys too." The two boys looked at each other after hearing the urgency in my voice. Luckily they didn't question me and gave me a nod. I sighed in relief at that.
"Okay we have to figure out how to get out of here without getting caught or killed." I looked at both of them hoping they'd come up with an idea.
"I can trigger the fire alarm and make the power go out," Leo suggested.
I nodded my head as a smile crawled it's way onto my face.
"Yeah that'll work but we'll have to do it now. And when we get out, we'll have to split up so they won't get us all at once. There's way more reasons but we don't have enough time. "
Johnny and Leo looked at each other before looking back at me. I took a deep breath to calm my nerves. I nodded my head again and looked at the floor before looking at Leo.
"Let's do this." Leo nodded and backed up against the wall so no one would see anything. He put his hand against the wall and in a matter of seconds the alarm began to blare and the lights went out. Right then many people began to scream and start running towards the door. The sunlight from the windows allowed us to see where to go. We all ran to the door following the crowd. Once outside I sprinted towards the end of the forest, far from the cabin. I ran for what seemed like hours but must've been only a couple minutes. All I heard wear twigs snapping under my feet and my heavy breathing. I glanced behind me only to see an empty forest. I slowed down and began walking. I leaned my back against a tree to catch my breath. I peaked my head around the tree, checking if anyone was there. I laid my head against the tree and let out the breath I was unknowingly holding. I shut my eyes trying to forget the voices that were still swarming in my head. I stayed like that for a few minutes until suddenly the voices stopped. My eyes shot open. They should've stopped so suddenly. And so soon at that too. I looked around and began to walk forward. I turned around looking behind only to see the tree I was once leaning on. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. What the hell is going on? I turn around when I feel the wind get knocked out of me. I slam into the tree behind me I hold my stomach in pain. My back ached from the impact and my head began to pound. I opened my eyes only to see a man slam his hand on my neck and put a knife to my throat. He seemed to be a middle aged man from his whitening hair and the few wrinkles on his face that also bared many scars. It was hard to breathe but I managed.
"If you try anything I won't hesitate to slice your throat." I glared at him and tried to concentrate to get him away but it wouldn't work.
"Dammit." I cursed under my breath so he wouldn't hear. But I guess it didn't work because he actually did hear.
"Don't bother. It won't work. Not as long as I'm around you. Unfortunately since you have three powers I can only take away two of them at most. But luckily they were the ones you use for combat I'm guessing." I narrowed my eyes at him. But I tried hard not to panic. While he was talking I noticed that he was taking out a syringe full of some sort of liquid. I know I can't use my powers but I have to do something before he injects it. So I tried to distract him. I know it probably won't do much but it's the least I could do since if I try anything else, my throat will be slit.
"How the hell would y-" I stopped short when I felt a sharp pain and pressure on my neck. Right when he took the needle out I decided to risk it and punched him as hard and quickly as I could in his face. He fell backwards luckily unconscious. As soon as I did that, I began to feel dizzy. I put my hands on my knees as I began to sweat and shake. My breathing became heavy and my heart began to thump faster and faster. My ears began to ring and I tried to concentrate on my breathing. Over the ringing I heard many twigs crunching then it suddenly stopped. I heard crackling and immediately knew it was Leo. But it sounded like it was more than one person so I figured Johnny was there with him too. I put my arm out to stop them from attacking me. I looked at them and saw electricity running through Leo's hands and Johnny's hands engulfed in flames. Both of them stopped using their powers when they saw it was me. Suddenly, my shaky knees gave out and I fell to the ground. They ran to me and they helped me to my feet.
"Sorry we didn't recognize you. You just look really different with your hair now that it's long and brown. That and we couldn't see your face." Once Leo said that, I finally noticed that my hair was longer and brown. Basically it's natural state without using my powers.
"We should go. Leo go shock his head. Enough to make him forget this ever happened. I think he's the last one." Leo nodded and went to go erase that mans memory like Johnny told him to while Johnny helped me up. After he was done, he came back and put my arm around his neck as he held onto my waist so I wouldn't fall. We then began to walk back to the cabin. Still in shock of today's events.
~~~~~~
Finally I'm done. I actually started this chapter right after I finished the other one but I got stuck on the fight-ish scene (thank you Bungou Stray Dogs for the fight scene cause I got it from that anime. Really good btw. 10/10 recommend). Anyways sorry for not putting an authors note in the last chapter I just thought it would ruin the vibe and suspense of the book. Anyways I hope you liked this chapter please comment cause I'd like to talk to you guys and vote too. I'll try my best to update sooner! Anyways bye!
*poof I'm gone*