Chapter 9

"Why'd you do it Casey? Why'd you have to kill us? You're a monster. A monster. Everyone's dead because of you. And soon everything will crumble to your feet and you'll be the one to blame. It'll be all you. Because your a monster. You killed everyone. It's all your fault." I heard multiple voices repeat that over and over again but I but I couldn't see anybody. Just the trees in the woods and the dirt on the ground.
"I didn't mean to kill you! It was an accident! I swear I didn't mean it! I didn't even know I had telekinesis! Please just stop! Just stop saying that please! I didn't mean it! I'm not a monster! I promise I'm not!" I yelled to the voices but they didn't stop. Suddenly I saw my mom appear from behind a tree.
"MOM!" I ran into her open arms as she hugged me tightly.
"Casey I missed you so much. But...I can't stay with you."
"What! Why!" By then tears were streaming down my face. My mom cupped my cheeks and looked me in the eyes.
"Because, you're a monster Casey." My eyes widened as even more tears spilled like waterfalls.
"You're a monster."

~~~~~~
I shot up from my bed breathing heavily and tears streaming down my face. Everyone was asleep and Liz was using an air bed we had to sleep on the floor. I threw my covers off of me and and grabbed my sweater, slipping on my converse without tying the shoelaces. I ran to the door and opened it speed walking down the hall to the door to go outside. Once the door came into view I used my telekinesis to unlock and open it. I walked outside and slammed the door. Then I ran into the woods. I ran for a minute or two then leaned against a tree. I sat down on the ground and pulled my knees to my chest,wrapping my arms around my legs. I put my head down and chocked out a sob. I stayed like that for around 5 minutes when I heard twigs snapping. I shot my head up and looked around but saw no one.
"CASEY WHERE ARE YOU?" I recognized the voice as Lennox. Finally he turned towards me and saw me sitting down. He ran over and kneeled down. He looked at me and saw my tear stained cheeks. Then out of nowhere, he pulled me into a hug. More tears streamed down my face as he rubbed my back in comfort. He pulled away and looked at me.
"You okay?"
" I guess but how'd you know I was out here?"
"Casey we're best friends of course I'd know you're out here."
"Oh."
"C'mon lets go back befo-" Lennox got interrupted by someone calling our names. We both immediately recognized it as Liz. She found us before we could call her and she jogged over.
"Are you guys okay? You've been out a while? Wait,am I interrupting something cause if I am I can go." Lennox and I exchanged glances before I started to giggle a little and he broke into laughter. Liz gave us a confused face until Lennox enlightened her.
"No we're not a couple if that's what you were thinking."
"Oooohhhh okay."
"Yeah. Well I'll let you guys talk to each other I'll go tell the others were fine." With that Lennox ran towards the cabin.
"Are you okay Casey?"
"Yeah I'm fine now. Thanks." She nodded and we stayed silent for a couple seconds until I decided to brake it.
"So, Johnny huh?" A blush immediately rose onto her cheeks.
"I didn't think he'd look like THAT. And that he'd have abs and stuff." I chuckled at her comment.
"Well I've known Johnny for a while and trust me, he didn't always look like that. Looks like age did him well. But he gets on my nerves soooo much."
"Yeah I can tell."
"Yeah. He used to actually date Quinn but they didn't really work out for some reason. They were a couple before but now their just sorta friends."
"Oh."
"Yeah. Oh and don't take offense to him rolling his eyes earlier and stuff. He just gets annoyed when girls do that sometimes. Which is why I like to take him shopping with me."
"Wow," Liz giggled. I'm pretty sure she likes him. Let's just hope Quinn doesn't find out or do anything.
"Yeah. Anyways we should go back. They're probably gonna be worried." I sniffled and got up giving Liz my hand to help her up. She thanked me and we began to walk back. I looked up at the sky and saw that it was still really dark and the moon was still high.
"Do you know what time it is?" Liz looked up in wonder at my question.
"Last time I checked it was 1 A.M. but I don't know how much time's passed since then." I nodded at the information. I hope they're not too worried about us.
"Hey can I ask you something?" I looked to Liz and nodded.
"Why did you run out here so early in the morning?"
"I...I had a nightmare/flashback thing." I put my head down and looked at the ground,my hands in my sweater.
"I'm here if you need anything okay?" I look up at her and see her sympathetic smile. I nod and smile back. I look forward and finally see the cabin come into view. Leo was the only one outside so I guess Lennox went to sleep or something. As we got closer I noticed the he was actually leaning against the cabin with his arms crossed over his chest falling asleep. When we finally made it, I tapped him on the shoulder to wake him up. His head shot up from being frightened but when he finally saw us, he relaxed.
"Oh it's just you two." He let out a sigh of relief and ran his hand through his messy brown hair.
"It's cold what're you doing out here!" I asked him,shocked that he was outside.
"Waiting for the two of you to come back. What'd it look like I was doing?" Both Liz's and my eyes widened at the statement.
"You waited for us?! What the hell Leo?! We were out there for a while you'll get sick!" I yelled not too loudly so I don't wake anybody up for the second time.
"So? I wanted to make sure you guys actually came back. Just in case." He looked to the right so he could avoid eye contact. I could've sworn he had a red tinge on his cheeks. I guess his sister noticed because she questioned him.
"Are you blushing?" She had an amused smile plastered on her face as Leo pursed his lips.
"No. How can you tell anyways? It's dark."
"Lennox turned the lights on inside and it's enough to see you blush."
"I'm not blushing!!"
"Mmmhmmm." I chuckled at their argument. I can already tell their fun to be around.
"Hey I never asked. What are your powers? I mean I now you,Liz, have telepathy but I don't know Leo's?" The twins looked at each other and then looked back at me.
"Electricity Manipulation which basically means I can control electricity and I don't need a source either." Leo looked over at Liz as of waiting for her to talk.
"Well we can basically do the same thing except I probably can do more things since it's my only power." I nodded at their answers.
"That's true. Well I'm tired so I'm gonna go inside. And thanks guys for being there for me. With that I went inside and went into my room. I took off my sweater and shoes then slid into bed. I hope I don't have another nightmare this time.

~The next day~

I woke up and for some reason I wasn't that tired despite waking up at one in the morning and staying up for about an hour then going back to sleep. It's about 8:00 in the morning so might as well get ready. Plus I'm pretty sure everyone's awake cause I can here the chit chat. I took a shower last night so I just brush my hair and pin my bangs. My straight black hair fell right at my shoulders because long hair was too hard to take care of. Plus I can make my hair longer anytime I want anyways. I put on black shorts and a black and white striped short sleeved shirt. I put on my dark red sweater and put on my socks. I slipped on my raggedy black high top converse on. I walked out and sure enough I was right about everyone being awake. I walked into the kitchen and made myself a bowl of lucky charms. I took the bowl of cereal and sat down on the arm of the sofa in the living room next to Lennox. I started to eat my cereal when I noticed that everyone was silent and staring at me. I swallowed the cereal and looked at all of them.
"What? Shocked about how fabulous I look?" I took a spoonful a cereal trying to finish fast so we can go.
"You look like a mime." I look towards where the voice came from and of course I see Johnny with a smirk on his face.
"Oh look there goes the fuck I give." I tell him pointing towards the window. I smile at him and he just rolls his eyes. I hear stifled laughter figure it's everyone besides Quinn and Johnny. I finish eating my cereal and put it in the sink. I run into my room and grab the money I made from being a waitress and run outside meeting Johnny and Leo.
"Let's go!" I tell them and smile. On the way to the mall all we talked about was funny stories of what happened before Leo and Liz came. How we all met was one of them too. The mall was absolutely busy. I kinda expected it to be since it was Saturday. I immediately took Johnny and Leo by the hands and practically dragged them into a random shoe store.
"Should I get Dr. Martens?"
"I don't even care. Just hurry up." With that, Johnny sat down on one of the benches in the store. I rolled my eyes and looked to Leo.
"So, should I?"
"Yeah, I guess. If you want to." I nodded at his response then went to go find the ones I liked. I ended up picking a dark red pair. I found a pair my size, with the help of an employee, and tried them on. I looked at my feet to see if they looked good.
"Do these look good?" I stood up in front of Leo since I know Johnny's just going to give me a snide remark.
"Yeah they do."
"Don't know if you're just saying that but I'm gonna get them anyway." I close my eyes and smile at him.
"He's probably just saying that so he doesn't hurt your feelings," Johnny stated like I expected him to.
"Yeah? Well I don't care." I take off the shoes and put them in their rightful box next to me. I slide on my Converse and go to the cashier to pay.
"Hi, did you find everything okay today?" The cashier smiled at me taking the tags off the shoes.
"Yup I did," I answered truthfully. She nodded then handed me the bag. I thanked her then walked out of the store meeting up with Leo and Johnny who were waiting outside again.
"Don't you want to change shoes so that you don't have to wear your old Converse anymore?"
"Good idea Leo." I took a seat at one of the benches and slid off my Chucks since I didn't bother tying them. I took the Dr. Martens out of the shoebox and put them on, tying the laces. I grab my old chucks and throw the box away. I look around and find a Converse store a little ahead.
"I'll be back. I'm gonna go to the Converse store over there to go recycle my old shoes." I heard Johnny whisper an 'of course' under his breath and Leo just nodded. I walked to the store and put my shoes in the bin filled with old shoes by the entrance. I walked back to where I left the guys only to find them gone. What the actual hell? I look toward the escalators and find them on it talking. I groan and walk towards the escalator to go to the second floor of the three story mall. Once I'm up there I, again, can't find them. I sigh again and walk to the food court. While I'm up here I may at least get a water. I go to one of the restaurants and buy a water bottle. I walk to the railing and lean on it, looking down at everyone on the first floor. That's when I hear them. The thing I call voices which are really people's thoughts. I sigh yet again and throw my head back in despair. Not again. Not another restless night because of these stupid thoughts. I unscrew the water bottle and take a sip of water. I put the cap back on and lean against the railing again. I put the back of my hand to my mouth to wipe off the water in my upper lip when I freeze. My blood runs completely cold and my eyes widen so much they look like they can pop out of my skull.

'I finally found you Casey Parker. I can't wait to finally kill you.'