Dinner at the thornhill/ meeting of the founding families

Thursday afternoon Carter, Cheryl, Lily and Megan  canceled cheerleading practice and spent the time combing through the racks of the mall, four separate stores and the only one to find anything for the party had been Cheryl. By the fifth store Carter and Lily were just picking up anything in the right size that came in red. True to Betty's comment earlier in the week, red was an APC color. It was powerful and eye catching, everyone knew when they walked into a room and they, the APCs, loved it; so for every 'major' event red was the go to color. Of course they had closets full of red dresses and skirts and blouses but they were things people had seen before and the start of a new ABC party season meant new outfits.  

 The four girls pawed over racks and racks of clothing only spotting a few worthy of trying on. As they stood in the dressing rooms trying on clothes, tossing aside more clothes than they were even willing to open the door and show Cheryl for, they spoke about one of the most common topics among girls. Boys.  

Carter : " how  are things going with you and Anthony? You seem to be closer now than you've ever been." Carter spoke loudly through the wall to Lily, Cheryl sitting on a bench just inside the dressing stalls.

Lily : "we are I think he's going to give me the ring soon i just wish he would love me not just all the girls that look his way." Carter could hear the sadness in Lily's voice as she replied

cheryl :  "Really? Do you know which one?" cheryl tried to ignore the part with Anthonynot loving just her but after while cheryl spoke again 

Cheryl : "so he's sleeping with other girls and? he knows that in the end it's just the two of you ,he has no choice , he nows the rules" 

Lily : "I'm not positive but I am pretty sure that it's the opal one your mom keeps in her jewelry box, Car."

Carter : "you mean  the one you've been salivating over since you were six?" Carter asked, slipping out of yet another outfit before she even showed Cheryl

Lilly : yes that's the one"  Lily confirmed.

Carter :" well i  wil have you will know that when I went into her jewelry box the other day to find her black diamond studs I didn't see the opal ring, so it could be in Anthony's pocket or it could be out being cleaned. There is no way to know for sure." Carter and Cheryl laughed though Lily was not as amused by the comment. 

Lily :"Ugh don't tease me like that! what do you think of this?" lily asked when she stepped out of the dressing room wearing lacy white crop top and a short red skirt 

Cheryl:"That's super sweet Lil , I love it!"Cheryl stated with enthusiasm 

Carter peeked out of her own dressing her room to check the outfit 

Carter :"Agreed with Cher , get it or you'll be sorry , where's Megan by the way , i remember her coming with us?"

Cheryl :"probably doing Maleficent Mantle"

Carter :"oh , i totally forgot about them being a thing"

Lilly : "How are things with you and Mason?" Lily called out to Carter as she changed back into her clothes 

Carter :"same as usual , we are in steady place , trying to get along , he is Megan's brother but he is here over a two months while she is here like two weeks?" 

Lily:" so how are things between you and Jason? And don't lie to me with some break up"

Carter :"well it was long way before we became thing but suddenly it's harder..." she sighed

Cheryl :"and all because of one certain person named Pauline Cooper "Cheryl said Polly's name with such bitter tone in her voice 

Carter :"Don't bring up some fling that happened before me"