Chapter 3

Cassie backed away, for she was frightened.  "Who is there?"  the words fumbled.

Just me.

Mortem?

No.

Cassie continued to back away until she bumped into a soft but bony figure.  A pale white horse towered over her.

Howdy.

Cassie felt the urge to scream, but she didn't have the ability to.  The horse appeared harmless.

"Oh.  You can talk?"

Yes.

"Oh.  What's your name?"

Binky.

She tried not to laugh, "Binky?"

Death says it's a nice name.

Cassie was polite enough to not burst out into laughter.  "It is."

Cassie levitated back into the house, leaving the pale horse behind.  The house remained untouched, accept for the stacks of books that Luggage was munching on.  Cassie glared at the trunk.  It turned towards the girl, licking it's unpleasant wooden lips.  Cassie lost her temper.

"Shoo!"  She kicked the ugly object.  Luggage backed a few yards, and it tackled her, its lid open.

Cassie rushed across the house; she made a close attempt to escape the trunk.  A painful sensation zapped from her ankle up to her brain.  Luggage bit her foot.

Cassie kicked the chest, trying to make it fly off.  She hopped against a pair of two doors, made from wood and bronze, continuing to fight with Luggage.  Finally, it let go of her ankle, causing her to bunk the doors open, and tumble down a staircase.

Author's note:  "Whoop!  That was one short chapter!  I'm just excited to get to the part whe- "

*Death grabs me and covers my mouth*  SHUT UP OR YOU SPOIL THE WHOLE THING!

Author: "MMMPH!"