22

Did Taehyung really want to open the door?
If he was truly breaking up with Jungkook then he should open it, but he knows that if he sees Jungkook he won't be able to.

"Jungkook, go. I don't want to see you."
Taehyung lied through his teeth.

Taehyung thought he was doing this for Jungkook's own good. He at least hoped he was.

The past month with Jungkook has been wonderful. They had the best time, but Taehyung never fully grasped the fact that they can't hide in their private life forever.

He only really thought of it towards the beginning but he just became too captivated by Jungkook throughout the days that he never thought of it again.

Was this really a stupid reason to break up? Taehyung thinks it's a pretty good reason.
Being so scared that he blames Jungkook, isn't okay with him. That's not a healthy thing for him to do. He doesn't want to drag Jungkook down with him.

"Fuck you, Tae" Jungkook snaps.
Taehyung cringes and then hears Jungkook's footsteps become faint as he walks away.

Taehyung dropped his head and pressed against the door. Him and Jungkook couldn't even get through their first fight and it's all his fault.

"I'm sorry baby." A tear fell from Taehyung's eye. An interview brought him and Jungkook together, and an interview tore them apart.

"Get yourself together Taehyung, it's for the best." Taehyung let out a breath as he gripped the door handle and twisted it, opening the door.
What he saw didn't surprise him.

On the floor was Jungkook's half of the matching bracelets they both wore.

Taehyung choked down a sob as he lifted his wrist to look the band tied around it.

Taehyung got these when they took a walk late one night. They passed a fancy looking store and Jungkook automatically dragged him into it, wanting to look around at what they had.

"Babe come on, please try it on."
Jungkook held some specs with a diamond border surrounding the lenses up to Taehyung.

Taehyung didn't think they'd suit him, but he tried them on anyway for the sake of seeing Jungkook smile.

"Aw! Look at you!" Jungkook cooed.

Jungkook reached up and cupped Taehyung's face. "You're my precious jewl." He whispered.

Taehyung rolled his eyes because Jungkook was obviously making a pun off of the glasses.
"Real smooth kookie." He laughed.

"Shh, you love it." Jungkook squished Tae's cheeks together.

"Not as much as I love you." Taehyung whispered. Jungkook's face lit up at the comment and Taehyung couldn't resist placing a kiss on his lips.

That's when Jungkook saw the bracelets.
He opened his mouth wide and pointed at them, causing Taehyung to turn around.

Jungkook wasn't even looking at them because they were matching. He solely looked at them because they were expensive.

"Holy- they're so expensive!"
Jungkook gasped at the price.

Taehyung didn't care. He took the glasses off and put them back before grabbing the bracelets.

He quickly walked over and bought them before Jungkook could stop him. He then dragged the boy out of the store.

"Taehyung! Oh my god those were so expensive! Why did you even buy them!?" Jungkook was in shock at what his boyfriend just did.

Taehyung just laughed as he took Jungkook's wrist in his. He watched his boyfriend smile as he put the bracelet on him.

Taehyung hummed with content as he then put his own bracelet on.
"Now we're always connected"

Jungkook grabbed Taehyung's hand and smiled. "Always."

That wasn't the case now though. Jungkook's bracelet was on the floor, not around his wrist.
He wasn't there with it, he was gone.

Taehyung leaned down and picked the bracelet up. Tears fell down his face as he fumbled it around in his hand.

Taehyung stood there for a minute before stuffing the bracelet into his pocket and wiping his face. The cameras outside would most likely see he was crying but he didn't care at this point anymore.

Taehyung walked quickly to the front door and saw that everyone was outside.

Everyone except Jungkook.

Taehyung slowed down as he strained to see through the glass windows, looking for any indication of Jungkook but finding none.

Taehyung was about to reach the door until he felt his feet leave the floor. He let out a yelp as an arm wrapped around his back and another under his thighs. Taehyung was now being carried in someone's arms.

Jungkook's arms.

Jungkook didn't look down at Taehyung as he walked to the door and pushed it open.

"J-Jungkook! What are you doing!"
Taehyung clutched onto Jungkook's shirt as screams from fans suddenly filled the air.
All cameras were now on them.

Taehyung felt helpless and scared as everyone looked at him. His grip on Jungkook's shirt tightened.

"Drop the act Tae. I was right around the corner the whole time. Don't push me away when you clearly want me to stay." Jungkook spoke softly as he looked down at Taehyung.

"All you're doing is hurting both of us.
I left my bracelet to see your reaction."
The screams got louder and it became harder to hear Jungkook talk. "It let me know you didn't mean it. Stop breaking my heart Tae..And stop breaking your own."

Taehyung looked into Jungkook's eyes and felt so thankful. He hasn't lost Jungkook. He hasn't, but he has to work on his emotions for both him and Jungkook. No more of whatever happened today.

Without thinking, Taehyung pulled  Jungkook's head down and kissed him.